desmond20052000

Terrible Experience with Puretime, advice needed

narikaa
2 hours ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

One anally retentive issue swapped for another. We are in the REPLICA game FFS. Fair play if you'd bought a gen but GET A FUCKING GRIP.

Every time RWI is down we get invaded by their wankers.

Theres a future for you writing verses for Christmas Cards

That was the best laugh I've had throughout the festive season

te salut

BadApple
1 hour ago, tripdog123 said:

Grizzling whining noobs can be found everywhere, not just on RWI, there's been plenty of them on RWG too.

Assholes that flap at the mouth like a coked up poodle can also be found on both forums.

Re: Wanking. I'm getting negative vibes off you- is it because you refuse to do it, or are you simply unable to do it ?

Not needing to  - I have grown up a tad........ as well as married a nymph.

1 hour ago, tripdog123 said:

desmond20052000
11 hours ago, RussP said:

For what it's worth, the damage would not be visible when the watch is worn, so don't worry too much about it.

Just don't deal with PT in the future.

Plenty of other TD's to choose from, both here and on the sister forum.

Indeed, never noticed the damage since that side of the case is not facing me. If the case front had not fall off I would not have known about the case damage.

LightGeek

Honestly speaking, looking at all the pics, I couldn’t tell any difference at a glance. The only thing I would look for in this rep is that all the dots are generally lined up and the chrono is at 12. Anything else is just nitpicking for a rep.

That said, I would refer you to WatchFinder in the future — but I’m not sure I’d like to bring such troubles to Tim...

desmond20052000

Decided to take the $20 coupon and close the case, hopefully the watch will make it back in time before new year.

HorFan
Decided to take the $20 coupon and close the case, hopefully the watch will make it back in time before new year.

That's the spirit, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShovelnTC

Yep, better to spend the effort in deciding what watch to buy next!

bigpopi
On 12/22/2017 at 03:24, desmond20052000 said:

Puretime replied and they now offered $20 credit in my account so they don't need to replace a $120 case. Would you take the credit and leave it?

Hey, I just purchased a watch from puretime about a day ago, but I am worried... Are they trustworthy in terms of answering emails and sending the watches?

mysterio
On 12/22/2017 at 18:05, black263 said:

I'm on both, so I guess that proves Tripdog's point.

I'm on 4 and it's still true. ;)

6 minutes ago, bigpopi said:

Hey, I just purchased a watch from puretime about a day ago, but I am worried... Are they trustworthy in terms of answering emails and sending the watches?

They're a trusted dealer on other rep fora so I'm sure they'll do right by you.

Edited by mysterio

desmond20052000

The watch is back on boxing day. The funny thing is, I was regulating the watch before I send it back for repairs, and I left the watch running slow before sending it. After they repair it, they send me the timegraph picture showing -4s/d, however when the watch arrived yesterday, the watch is running at -60s per hour. I have to regulate it again so it runs fine. Perhaps their timegraph checks have issues? 

Edited by desmond20052000

narikaa
1 hour ago, desmond20052000 said:

the watch is running at -60s per minute.

Or in simple terms

IT'S STOPPED

zzz.gif?raw=1

Oris
31 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Or in simple terms

IT'S STOPPED

zzz.gif?raw=1

yesterday, the watch is running at -60s per minute.

Hahaha. I'm using this :D

Edited by Oris

black263
3 hours ago, desmond20052000 said:

The watch is back on boxing day. The funny thing is, I was regulating the watch before I send it back for repairs, and I left the watch running slow before sending it. After they repair it, they send me the timegraph picture showing -4s/d, however when the watch arrived yesterday, the watch is running at -60s per minute. I have to regulate it again so it runs fine. Perhaps their timegraph checks have issues? 

You opened it up and fiddled with it yourself before sending it back? At that point the TD is justified in telling you to take a hike.

Wriggles
35 minutes ago, black263 said:

You opened it up and fiddled with it yourself before sending it back? At that point the TD is justified in telling you to take a hike.

I think now some of the truth may be making itself known.....

desmond20052000
6 hours ago, Oris said:

yesterday, the watch is running at -60s per minute.

Hahaha. I'm using this :D

Good god, -60s per hour it is. How silly of me.

black263
5 minutes ago, desmond20052000 said:

Good god, -60s per hour it is. How silly of me.

It loses 24 mins a day.  After you regulated it and sent it back for repair.  Sounds to me like you're learning an expensive lesson. 

desmond20052000
13 minutes ago, black263 said:

It loses 24 mins a day.  After you regulated it and sent it back for repair.  Sounds to me like you're learning an expensive lesson. 

Oh you misunderstood a bit. Before I send it back I just didn’t finish regulating, and it was set on the slow side. I thought they would have checked and regulate it and since the the timegraph showed -4s/day, I thought they did. But once it’s back I discovered that the performance is not the same as their timegraph demonstrated, so I regulated the watch last night again. Now it runs perfect, somewhere around 0 to -1s/day.

black263
1 minute ago, desmond20052000 said:

Oh you misunderstood a bit. Before I send it back I just didn’t finish regulating, and it was set on the slow side. I thought they would have checked and regulate it and since the the timegraph showed -4s/day, I thought they did. But once it’s back I discovered that the performance is not the same as their timegraph demonstrated, so I regulated the watch last night again. Now it runs perfect, somewhere around 0 to -1s/day.

I'm impressed that the regulator allowed you to turn a 24 MINS a day error into a 0 to -1 secs per day.  Didn't know regulators had it in them.

desmond20052000
16 minutes ago, black263 said:

I'm impressed that the regulator allowed you to turn a 24 MINS a day error into a 0 to -1 secs per day.  Didn't know regulators had it in them.

Oh now you said that, I realised that the minute hand does not run after pushing in the crown to set time. If I have to set 3:30, I will have to set it as 3:31 and let it run a while. Eventually the minute hand will be the same as actual time. It might have made me think that the watch runs slow by a min per hour. 

Watch does runs slow though since the second hand lagged behind for quite a lot, so even though it’s not 1 min per hour it would be at least 10-15 sec slow per hour. But the watch runs fine now, thanks for all the kind comments.

Edited by desmond20052000

black263
14 hours ago, desmond20052000 said:

Oh now you said that, I realised that the minute hand does not run after pushing in the crown to set time. If I have to set 3:30, I will have to set it as 3:31 and let it run a while. Eventually the minute hand will be the same as actual time. It might have made me think that the watch runs slow by a min per hour. 

Watch does runs slow though since the second hand lagged behind for quite a lot, so even though it’s not 1 min per hour it would be at least 10-15 sec slow per hour. But the watch runs fine now, thanks for all the kind comments.

So you confused the period needed to take up the backlash in the gears with timing error.  That's why I always run the time forward to about 10 mins fast, then reverse to the correct time when setting the watch.  The reversing takes up all the backlash in the gearing. (Don't do this between 9pm and 3am, when the date change is engaged)

desmond20052000
9 hours ago, black263 said:

So you confused the period needed to take up the backlash in the gears with timing error.  That's why I always run the time forward to about 10 mins fast, then reverse to the correct time when setting the watch.  The reversing takes up all the backlash in the gearing. (Don't do this between 9pm and 3am, when the date change is engaged)

Thanks for the tip, will try this next time!

Terryj
On 27/12/2017 at 13:09, narikaa said:

Or in simple terms

IT'S STOPPED

zzz.gif?raw=1

It hasn't stopped. It's just going nowhere.