GingerApple

New Product? JH Factory Omega Reps

GingerApple

Does anyone have any knowledge of/opinions of JH Factory Omega reps? They seem to have produced some new ones of the LMPO and CrPO as per an email with new stock that I got from Trusty Time today, eg the CrPO: http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=18185

I've been unable to get hold of the one with the orange markers at 6,9 and 12 recently so I'm going to take a punt on this one even if they're dog shit, but they look fairly decent at first glance.

Any thoughts peeps?

Edited by GingerBubba
Updating link

exelonman

I am unfamiliar with that factory, but the date font looks wrong.

exelonman

After closer inspection, the bezel printing seems to be bad.

GingerApple

Yeah, I noticed that too, a bit flaky looking. I'll keep my eye on it in QC, although if that's the marketing picture they use, it doesn't bode well - it could be a poor printing technique or something. The date font I can live with, it's a bit fat looking, but not too bad. I'll update here/RWI once I get pics/the watch.

GingerApple

On reflection, the bezel looks like a drunken smurf has spray painted it using a wonky stencil. Fucking awful!

I'm still going to buy it....

BabaNJ

I thought jhf was a cheaper rep maker, i am sure i saw someone selling their omegas in $150 ish. 

GingerApple

I'm fairly impressed with the QC pics I got on this just now. Much better than the photo on Trusty (linked above in the first post on this thread). I've approved them. I would post them but apparently QC pics aren't allowed on RWG. I'll review it when it turns up ( if I'm not back on RWI by then).

drifterr

damn .. just saw your post mate. here are my 2 cents.

Toro had the NOOB version on special - not sure if he still has any left but they were selling for $258. the noob crpro are the best in my view.

Also with Omega  -V6f make a good rep however use miyota instead .

would love to see QC pics though - if you can pm them to me please

GingerApple

Toro didn't have the model with the orange numbers at 6, 9 and 12 unfortunately - which was the one I was afte. I'll send QC later for you.

GingerApple

Well the watch arrived today and I'm fairly happy with it to be fair. My last three watches have been ARF Rolexes, so I've been somewhat  spoiled in terms of quality Reps recently.  Certainly the overall quality isn't as good as ARF; it's hard to pinpoint, but the overall feel of the watch isn't as good (though not many reps measure up to ARF in my opinion). The crown in particular feels a bit flimsy, but the watch looks pretty good in the flesh which was my main concern and certainly much better than the example pics on the dealer website posted at the beginning of the thread. I've not possessed any other Omega reps so I've nothing to compare it to I'm afraid, but if anyone out there likes this model, you should be pretty satisfied with this watch.

A few (crappy) pics follow for those interested.

ehjcsh.jpg

166cazc.jpg

1zwj9q8.jpg

s4q6gl.jpg

2lvkeac.jpg

149050p.jpg

Luxuracer
20 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Well the watch arrived today and I'm fairly happy with it to be fair. My last three watches have been ARF Rolexes, so I've been somewhat  spoiled in terms of quality Reps recently.  Certainly the overall quality isn't as good as ARF; it's hard to pinpoint, but the overall feel of the watch isn't as good (though not many reps measure up to ARF in my opinion). The crown in particular feels a bit flimsy, but the watch looks pretty good in the flesh which was my main concern and certainly much better than the example pics on the dealer website posted at the beginning of the thread. I've not possessed any other Omega reps so I've nothing to compare it to I'm afraid, but if anyone out there likes this model, you should be pretty satisfied with this watch.

A few (crappy) pics follow for those interested.

ehjcsh.jpg

Nice ... !
I am an Omega nut ... Bought my first Omega DeVille in 1990 ... Always had at least one Omega in my watch box !
Having fun collecting reps right now, by the time I'm done ... I should have no less than 12 reps Omega ... For now, I'm focusing into Rolex.

Noob LMPO V4, by far the best looking Omega PO, but the bracelet sucks. I am sourcing a CrPO bracelet for my LMPO.

stfrance
On 2017. 12. 25. at 04:02, GingerBubba said:

Toro didn't have the model with the orange numbers at 6, 9 and 12 unfortunately - which was the one I was afte. I'll send QC later for you.

Looks good..

I am waiting for mine from Toro which is the $258 one, having silver numbers. I paid $234 including shipping fee (Thanks to December discount event).

Toro also has orange numbered one. http://www.tb-2018.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=930

Anyways, you look quite satisfied with your new baby. I hope you to fall in love with Omega reps more.. 

Thanks for sharing your experience..

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Jinsik Hwang said:

Looks good..

I am waiting for mine from Toro which is the $258 one, having silver numbers. I paid $234 including shipping fee (Thanks to December discount event).

Toro also has orange numbered one. http://www.tb-2018.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=930

Anyways, you look quite satisfied with your new baby. I hope you to fall in love with Omega reps more.. 

Thanks for sharing your experience..

Don't trust TDs websites; they always say stuff is in stock when it isn't. I tried to order that exact watch from Toro's website, but he said the orange numeral version was no longer available (that was a month ago - it may have become available again I suppose). I hope your watch is great!

3 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Nice ... !
I am an Omega nut ... Bought my first Omega DeVille in 1990 ... Always had at least one Omega in my watch box !
Having fun collecting reps right now, by the time I'm done ... I should have no less than 12 reps Omega ... For now, I'm focusing into Rolex.

Noob LMPO V4, by far the best looking Omega PO, but the bracelet sucks. I am sourcing a CrPO bracelet for my LMPO.

I don't know where I stand on Omegas. I certainly like them, but they're not my number one brand. I'll get an LMPO at some point, but there's about ten watches ahead of it in my 'want' list.

drifterr

Omegas are awesome mate. must have one in your collection.

Mine came with spare rubber strap.

Check out my lmpo. I think it's very well made by noob
61b5cf4299ab511be752da3376da0374.jpg8804495ae243327a80a73db6ba42d500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GingerApple

Yeah, that looks gorgeous. Don't get me wrong, the LMPO is on my wish list, just not top of it. Although I thought I read somewhere on here that Noob v4s are no longer available/being made? I haven't asked my TD to confirm. Fuck, you boys are talking me into one though. I might have to get one on order...

By the way, my opinion of the JF watch that this thread is about is going up. You know I mentioned that the overall feel of the watch wasn't great - that was based on the crown and the  clasp mechanism. I've since realised that I had the strap put together wrongly which lead to the bracelet clasp not clicking shut properly. Since correcting my error, is feels a whole lot better. Durrrrrr! Fucking noobs do my head in!

Edited by GingerBubba
Spelling correction

drifterr

Great stuff.

Post some daylight shots. The organe dial markers come to life with natural light.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GingerApple

I live in England mate; we won't get natural light until mid May.

stfrance
18 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

I live in England mate; we won't get natural light until mid May.

You are so funny~~~:D

amptor

Am I seeing things or is the balance wheel finally the correct color? edit: nevermind it isn't, still the wrong color.  it's suppose to be black, not brass.

and come on, too many 45mm models, I'd want 42mm... what happened to the days of the sub-$200 super rep in 42mm? I have one sitting in front of me.

Edited by amptor