Slash

DHgate, any good?

Slash

Hello again guys. Wants sure where to post this but I was wondering, is DH hate any good for buying quality reps from. I’ve bought a few cheap knock off £3 watches form there before and they all turned up. So I was wondering is it worth taking a chance for a more expensive rep. I have 75% of my next order and was planning on get 5 or 6 nice watches. They claim to sell watches from noob and other well known rep factories. Is it worth it? 75% off is a lot to just throw away and ignore. 

Thanks in advance 

NCRich

I have bought many watches from DhGate. They were fine for cheapies.  If I want a good watch I buy from a TD.  If I want a toy I buy on Dhgate.

HorFan

They sell the higher quality reps at much higher price than TDs. Don't expect much in the way of QC or after sale service. But, if you're really getting 75% off it might be worth the gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sell the higher quality reps at much higher price than TDs. Don't expect much in the way of QC or after sale service. But, if you're really getting 75% off it might be worth the gamble.

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I have bought many watches from DhGate. They were fine for cheapies.  If I want a good watch I buy from a TD.  If I want a toy I buy on Dhgate.

Oh ... NO!

NCRich is a Mod in RWG.

Hi bro .... We started off on the wrong foot over RWI. Please do NOT ban me in here. I got no other place to go since RWI downed. Kakaka!

Happy Holiday.

Rokerite

Thommo 82 is the resident DH Gate expert

Slash

So are they actually the watches they claim to be, like they say there selling a v7 noob submariner and is got lads of good reviews so I’m assuming it is that watch 

HorFan

Yes, if you buy from one of the more legit sellers like good-roiex. But still, there's a good chance you'll get a watch that was rejected by someone else.

Slash

@HorFan He does have very good customer service reviews 

KarmaToBurn

There's a DHGate specific sub-forum for VIP members with lots of dealer and watch reviews. Good place to pick up cheap stuff but if you want anything over $100 I'd still stick with a TD.

Slash

@KarmaToBurn Ok, I’ll go for a trusted dealer. Trouble is I’ve emailed a few and none of them have replied. 

HorFan
[mention=27082]KarmaToBurn[/mention] Ok, I’ll go for a trusted dealer. Trouble is I’ve emailed a few and none of them have replied. 

Super busy and hectic time of year. Expect all sorts of delays.

PlanetZoom
4 hours ago, Slash said:

So I was wondering is it worth taking a chance for a more expensive rep.

In one word, no.

Thommo82
4 hours ago, Rokerite said:

I’ve heard he is extremely handsome too

3 hours ago, KarmaToBurn said:

There's a DHGate specific sub-forum for VIP members with lots of dealer and watch reviews. Good place to pick up cheap stuff but if you want anything over $100 I'd still stick with a TD.

This is basically it in a nutshell 

I’ve bought many watches from the Gate with varying levels of quality. A few basic rules I follow now include;

Nothing over $100

Nothing without good picture reviews from other buyers

Talk to the seller 

Basucally, like @NCRich said, the gate is there for a bit of fun. 

Those Noob v7’s and various other high end reps that we recognise from TD’s always seem to be overpriced anyway. 

Stick with the TD’s for good stuff, or upgrade to VIP to peruse the DHGate section and make up your own mind if it’s worth buying there or not 

paccbet
5 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I’ve heard he is extremely handsome too

This is basically it in a nutshell 

I’ve bought many watches from the Gate with varying levels of quality. A few basic rules I follow now include;

Nothing over $100

Nothing without good picture reviews from other buyers

Talk to the seller 

Basucally, like @NCRich said, the gate is there for a bit of fun. 

Those Noob v7’s and various other high end reps that we recognise from TD’s always seem to be overpriced anyway. 

Stick with the TD’s for good stuff, or upgrade to VIP to peruse the DHGate section and make up your own mind if it’s worth buying there or not 

I'd take heed with all that has been said above. 

Still waiting for this though

6qPLokR.jpg&key=bd0d6f03f0606a740a4ccdda

Glaude
4 hours ago, Rokerite said:

There's a battle for the crown @NCRich is the actual King but there's a revolt from little Thommo bastard raging !

38 minutes ago, paccbet said:

6qPLokR.jpg&key=bd0d6f03f0606a740a4ccdda

We have issue with our pubes supplier, not very reliable !

BabaNJ

I bought some 21j dhgate stuff and was convinced that they were good but once i had a watch from a td( it was ym bought m2m on rwi) i knew exactly what the experienced members were saying. So if you want to try something buy from dhgate to experiment but if you know exactly what you want get from a td. Also most of td watches would hold their value for sometime so even if you are spending extra consider it money invested. 

Kinglomax
6qPLokR.jpg&key=bd0d6f03f0606a740a4ccdda83b9d012fd92fee5f41d25d6936ff624b9782b23

You Aussie brother haha

chefzorba

Honestly I’d say stay away from DHgate all together if you are looking for quality replicas(partly because I trust our tds on the forums and partly because of the cheap prices).  It does however make sense to me at least, to pick up a rep off dhgate that’s 75-85% off, only...ONLY if I really am strongly considering buying a gen and don’t want to spend 3-400$ on a rep backed by a TD either here at RWG or at RWI.  

That way way if you don’t like the watch it’s only 30-60$.  

Edited by chefzorba

iamonline

I have purchased 3 watches on DH and paid around $300. One worked for 3 months.

That's all I can say about that.

RussP

Thommo82 is the current go-to DHG expert.

DFQ23 was the resident expert on AliExpress and subsequently DHG.

There are others that also dabble on the edges................

Thommo82

If you know what you’re doing the gate can be great. 

I’ve purchased 13 gate watches 

3 were crap, 2 were good, 2 were great and 6 were fantastic. 

This is all based on the prices paid of course, with an average price of around $65 USD

None arrived DOA, none have had any major issues, ALL of them still work. I was even lucky enough to receive a large white pube in a YM.

Some of them, such as the Tudor Black Bay and the Patek Nautilus are absolutely fucking beautiful and something I would expect to pay twice as much (or more) through a TD.

Point is, buying anything, whether it be in a shop or online can have its risks, and as consumers we need to be aware of them and shop accordingly.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for when buying through a TD. When buying from DHGate you may get what you pay for, you may get much less, but with a bit of trial and error, experience and know how, you MIGHT get much more 

ShovelnTC
5 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

If you know what you’re doing the gate can be great. 

I’ve purchased 13 gate watches 

3 were crap, 2 were good, 2 were great and 6 were fantastic. 

This is all based on the prices paid of course, with an average price of around $65 USD

None arrived DOA, none have had any major issues, ALL of them still work. I was even lucky enough to receive a large white pube in a YM.

Some of them, such as the Tudor Black Bay and the Patek Nautilus are absolutely fucking beautiful and something I would expect to pay twice as much (or more) through a TD.

Point is, buying anything, whether it be in a shop or online can have its risks, and as consumers we need to be aware of them and shop accordingly.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for when buying through a TD. When buying from DHGate you may get what you pay for, you may get much less, but with a bit of trial and error, experience and know how, you MIGHT get much more 

You received a large white pube, mate if it's actually gray then it's a run of the mill pube, rarer than black but of little worth BUT if it is in fact a Blonde pube then you have a VERY rare item coming from that location so that my friend will be worthy of a spot on the Roadshow!

Thommo82
5 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

You received a large white pube, mate if it's actually gray then it's a run of the mill pube, rarer than black but of little worth BUT if it is in fact a Blonde pube then you have a VERY rare item coming from that location so that my friend will be worthy of a spot on the Roadshow!

I tagged you....

ShovelnTC
4 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I tagged you....

Ah the old nylon pube, so it was a Rep pube.

Just shows you how crap watches are from DHG, if it was a proper rep then the pube would have been Gen!;)

Jooster

I agree. I have bought watches from TD, M2M and the gate. Bought about 5 watches from the gate. They all worked and still all running. Couple of IWC look and keep great time, but the power reserve dial never sets to 8 day, but you get what you pay. Also some of them the second hand stutters slightly from 12-6. As mentioned, do your research and buy from dealers with large number of transactions and are platinum dealers.

Deliver can also be static, but are always well packed.