Slash

Please help!!!

Slash

Hey guys, I found this on aootime. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this watch before. What’s the movement like? Is it good quality? Can I swim with it? And help would be appreciated. OmegaMan-104a.jpg

PlanetZoom

Your safest best is to deal only with trusted dealers. Also, regardless of the marketing, don't swim with a watch until you have it tested.

McGilli
6 minutes ago, Slash said:

Hey guys, I found this on aootime. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this watch before. What’s the movement like? Is it good quality? Can I swim with it? And help would be appreciated. 

It says right on it you can swim to 300m so that's awesome! From the looks of it - the movement is silky smooth and ticks. It might even be an automatic, or a quartz - either way it works! Quality? Look at it! AAAAAA+ quality for sure. I've never seen more than AAAAA before - so that look amazing.... Experience with it? No. Just looking at your photo.

You've probably noted the sarcasm. It's a rep right? I wouldn't wash my hands while wearing it if I wanted it to keep working. Not sure about RWI - but since you're on RWG some of us are going to look at posts like this. I suggest telling us what kind of research you did on this watch first. Did you read all the reviews, or even search for them on RWG? What price range is that? Why not put a link to it so we don't have to go and search for it on another website somewhere.

BUT - because you asked if you can swim with it - I think you need to do a lot more research about all reps in general - not just this one. Good luck.

mysterio
4 minutes ago, repdude said:

Your safest best is to deal only with trusted dealers. Also, regardless of the marketing, don't swim with a watch until you have it tested.

Of course, but aootime is the website of aoobuy who is a TD here on RWG (not on RWI though). ;)

To the OP, I would suggest checking what model/factory/movement that is and checking the Omega section for info. Also, like @repdude mentioned, only bring your watch for swimming when you've had the watch tested at a local watchsmith. The typical TD water resistance test is only good for 3ATM, which is equivalent to splashes, like washing your hands and such. You need at least 5ATM water resistance to take it swimming, more if you plan on going deeper.

deju

I’m sorry I’ve never seen you swim, so can’t comment on your abilities. 

k4jun

OP, this is a very cheap an inaccurate replica.

Is it what you are looking for - testing the water with entry level replica?

bobandshawn

The watch is only several ounces in weight. It will not drag you down or impede swimming...

Slash

Well I’m really not fussed if I can’t swim with it. It’s beva I really want a blue wave dial seamaster but nowhere except aootime seems to sell them. It would be nice to get a much higher quality one, but I think I’ll have to settle for this 

RepGuy

Heres a good way to test if your rep is water resistant.

1. Unscrew the crown as much as possible.

2. Place the watch, crown side up, in your sink directly below the faucet

3. Turn on the water (the hotter the better) and run it over the watch for at least 5 minutes.

4. Congratulations, you have successfully tested if your watch is water resistant.

Testers Note: If you see water in your watch, it just means you weren't trying hard enough. Buy another and test again until the desired results are achieved. 

Buglicker
22 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Heres a good way to test if your rep is water resistant.

1. Unscrew the crown as much as possible.

2. Place the watch, crown side up, in your sink directly below the faucet

3. Turn on the water (the hotter the better) and run it over the watch for at least 5 minutes.

4. Congratulations, you have successfully tested if your watch is water resistant.

Testers Note: If you see water in your watch, it just means you weren't trying hard enough. Buy another and test again until the desired results are achieved. 

Just tested my gen using that method, now it’s half full of water. 300m my arse!

Sending it straight over to RSC with a very strongly worded letter...

bora12
47 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

OP this is what you're looking for. These reps are amazing I have the black version. Bracelet is very nice as well. If you want blue I would definitely go for this

There are no good reps of the 2531.80 that you linked earlier (from aootime)

bora12
1 hour ago, Slash said:

Ok guys after a bit more digging through the TD list I came across this http://www.silix-prime.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_150_190&products_id=1629

I wouldn't buy this. This is basically a mix between two watches. The bezel on that is completely wrong (although gen bezels aren't that expensive and pretty easy to come by), but the dial is also just not correct.

Slash
8 minutes ago, bora12 said:

OP this is what you're looking for. These reps are amazing I have the black version. Bracelet is very nice as well. If you want blue I would definitely go for this

There are no good reps of the 2531.80 that you linked earlier (from aootime)

@bora12 Could I change the dial, clasp and bezel on a MK to make a 2531.80? 

BabaNJ
3 minutes ago, Slash said:

You sure you want to get into changing/modding stuff in watches? With your limited knowledge you don't seem to be the kind of person to do it unless you are trolling with these posts. 

Slash

@BabaNJ No not really. But I really want a rep of the 2531.80 

bora12
20 minutes ago, Slash said:

Yes the MK case will accept the gen bezel. If you want gen hands though you'll probably have to change the movement I am not entirely sure. The dial is hard to come by but I will have an extra one in about 2 weeks ($110). The bezel is easy to come by and costs about $50-$100 but you'll almost definitely have to change the crystal.

Gen date wheels are about $25.

Honestly though, if you're thinking Franken I'd probably start with the cheapie as your base from aootime. I received a ton of help with my project so I can basically repeat what I've heard but can't offer any professional insight.

If you start with the cheapie base ($138 usd) + gen hands dial crystal Bezel date wheel ($335) and 2836 movement ($70ish) you're looking at just over $500 for a really nice Franken. Could go gen crown and tube for another $50-70ish.

If you're willing to put in the time and effort this is a great project and the watch will be beautiful.

Slash
10 hours ago, bora12 said:

Yes the MK case will accept the gen bezel. If you want gen hands though you'll probably have to change the movement I am not entirely sure. The dial is hard to come by but I will have an extra one in about 2 weeks ($110). The bezel is easy to come by and costs about $50-$100 but you'll almost definitely have to change the crystal.

Gen date wheels are about $25.

Honestly though, if you're thinking Franken I'd probably start with the cheapie as your base from aootime. I received a ton of help with my project so I can basically repeat what I've heard but can't offer any professional insight.

If you start with the cheapie base ($138 usd) + gen hands dial crystal Bezel date wheel ($335) and 2836 movement ($70ish) you're looking at just over $500 for a really nice Franken. Could go gen crown and tube for another $50-70ish.

If you're willing to put in the time and effort this is a great project and the watch will be beautiful.

@boracay13 I think I might try this, I’m not sure. 

Daywatch

With reps it´s always better to buy what is good and recommended instead of an inferior copy of (not) exactly what You want.  Once there was a nice and moddable 2531.80 but it´s not produced any more. To wait for one to pop up on m2m may be an almost hopeless exercise. Go with that MK factory suggestion, it looks stunning. 

Genius
2 hours ago, Slash said:

@boracay13 I think I might try this, I’m not sure. 

If you are going to Frankenstein start with the more expensive mk as the base, the fact is it might arrive and you think fuck this is an awesome watch and don't even bother tinkering with it.... 

But if you do decide to mod it a used gen dual is pretty cheap and you can get a decent aftermarket bezel insert for next to nothing or a used gen slightly more.

Literally all you need though us the dial and insert to mod the mk to what you want the dial will go straight on that rep movement and no need to change the hands

Slash

@Genius How easy is it too mod the mk? 

BadPickle
1 hour ago, Slash said:

@Genius How easy is it too mod the mk? 

Just LISTEN TO MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS HERE AND BUY THE FUCKING MK!!! 

:bollocks: 

Seriously, buy it and worry about modding it later, you’ve all the time in the world to collect gen bits and bobs to mod it, so just contact intime and buy the bastard thing!!!!! 

madbadger

I'm after one of these, I did have one that I bought before I joined RWG and it kept good time, paid £100. I'd like another but I want one with a pearl that looks correct. Some of them look like a blob of paint. 

Kev