Danny1980

“Diamond” AP RO. Yay or nay?

Danny1980

I’m looking to get a 33mm silver AP for my girlfriend and she likes the style with the “diamonds” which I’m assuming are cubic zirconia? 

Are these a big tell on the JF ROs? She likes the RG ones but I’ve pretty much ruled them out as I’m worried about strike through and the plating wearing through so it’s a SS either with the gems or plain.

Anyone have an opinion they could share?

Thanks 

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

RepGuy
On 12/25/2017 at 09:07, Danny1980 said:

I’m looking to get a 33mm silver AP for my girlfriend and she likes the style with the “diamonds” which I’m assuming are cubic zirconia? 

Are these a big tell on the JF ROs? She likes the RG ones but I’ve pretty much ruled them out as I’m worried about strike through and the plating wearing through so it’s a SS either with the gems or plain.

Anyone have an opinion they could share?

Thanks 

The rep diamonds are a huge tell on any watch. Many members have reviewed their own and pointed out how the fake diamonds don't have anywhere near the same clarity or shine, and are an instant tell for many. While many people don't know the subtle differences between certain reps and their gen counterparts, almost everyone can tell a real diamond from the cheap glass they try to pass off a diamonds in reps.

SilverSamurai

Would definitly not recommnd the diamonds as its the quickest tell. 

Left Coast Guy

I’d go with the no diamond version, got it for my MRS and she loves it. Very pretty watch. I’d also recommend the quartz, ladies don’t like autos typically.

I’ve got some blingy watches for her as well, and I don’t think they are obvious — she has a gen Michelle with diamond bezel and I can’t see the difference between the two. Eventually CZ gets dirty, but it’s not instantly visibly off.

And worst case, you can replace with moissanite pretty cheaply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny1980

Moissanite? 

Any pics of her wearing the non CZ?