Sign in to follow this  
taylorwinn16

Problem with my watch

taylorwinn16

I have a gold Yachtmaster II rep, and when I pull the stem out to wind it the second hand stops, which is normal, but after winding it, alot, it doesnt start up again when I put it back in. If i wind it for like 5 minutes straight, and shake it seriously alot, it starts, but then stops after about 5 seconds. If i do this about 3-4 times taking about 15 minutes it will finally be good for a few days. Anyone know what is wrong? The watch is about 3 weeks old from timesshop.net

Ruhck

If it is powered by an Asian 7750, you shouldn't be manually winding it. If that is what you have been doing, there is a good chance that you may have ground down a couple of gears, and now have debris floating around in the movement .... with the 7750, it should alway be wound using the rotor - ie slight shaking then wrist wearing.

Luthier

Now it's the time to try sledgehammer.

Winding for 5 minutes straight??? Seriously???

And shaking A LOT???

I guess it's really ready for sledgehammer.

taylorwinn16
If it is powered by an Asian 7750, you shouldn't be manually winding it. If that is what you have been doing, there is a good chance that you may have ground down a couple of gears, and now have debris floating around in the movement .... with the 7750, it should alway be wound using the rotor - ie slight shaking then wrist wearing.

the watch cost 68$ so i bet it is the 21j movement. And this problem happened the first time i even opened the stem to check everything out. I opened the stem, closed it without even winding it, and it didnt start back up again until a long effort.

taylorwinn16

I wind all my watches for a couple minutes each night to keep them charged should I not do this?

Cynikal.Mindset

FUCK NO!!

Ruhck
FUCK NO!!

Unless it happens to be a manual wind :lol:

taylorwinn16

I dont want them to run out, and some have power meters that are always getting to close to zero so ill wind it back to 45 or 60

prestigewatchco

It's a 21j there are no premium movements offered in YM11 only basic Chinese movements of lower grade

Luthier
I wind all my watches for a couple minutes each night to keep them charged should I not do this?

50 turns of the crown clockwise, and your watch will be fully charged. In 2 minutes you did about 150 turns.

It will not damage your 21J mov't much, but if it's A7750 - you can throw it in trash.

taylorwinn16

50 turns of the crown clockwise, and your watch will be fully charged. In 2 minutes you did about 150 turns.

It will not damage your 21J mov't much, but if it's A7750 - you can throw it in trash.

yea all my watches are 68$ i dont have anything really nice. I dont think im doing more than 50 turns i go pretty slow. Is it not bad for the watch to run all the way out though?

About the rolex though, I saw a pic on here of a guy who opened up his watch and one of the gears was rusted some. Think that could be it. or if not, is there a way to fix it?