burning

Direct movement replacements for replicas

burning

I think we need a instructional post about movement replacements in popular movement replicas.

We can post our own experience to help people.

For example:

A2836 - direct replacement is ETA 2836, same hands and no modifications needed to fit

Edited by burning

Smpfan

DG2813->eta2836 + new hands

DG2813->Miyota8215

A2824->eta2824

A7750->eta7750 sometimes new chrono hands needed

Stem and datewheel are interchangeable

POS/Z-movement->eta2836

Maybe hour hand does not fit exactly but can be adopted

Instead using an eta2836 replacement you can use eta2834, too. Before using remove the day wheel and the plastic spacer. Selitta SW200 is an option, too.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

robinstyler

I was wondering if there is a direct replacement for the SA/SH3135. i.e. If I could replace a broken 2824 with a 3135.

BadPickle

Greg_r beat you too it 

1 hour ago, burning said:

I think we need a instructional post about movement replacements in popular movement replicas.

We can post our own experience to help people.

For example:

A2836 - direct replacement is ETA 2836, same hands and no modifications needed to fit

AP_Superman

So I can put an eta 7750 in the big bang?

tripdog123

What we really need is a data base of information coupled with a place where people who share the same interests could exchange ideas, solutions to problems - a sort of virtual 'forum' for discussion.

We could then collect the most useful information that has been posted, turn these posts into 'permanent' posts by sticking them to the top of each section/topic, thus making it easy for people to find answers to the most popular/frequent questions.

All this would ideally be hosted on a virtual international network accessible from anywhere in the world - a 'world wide web' of information if you will -  all available to anybody with access to a computer.

Just waiting for somebody to invent it, I'm sure it would be quite successful.

tripdog123
2 hours ago, AP_Superman said:

So I can put an eta 7750 in the big bang?

What is already in there - an Asian 7750 clone ? 

What is the definition of the word 'clone' ?

Rx4Time

remember, the Chronograph seconds hand is not interchangeable between gen and rep 7750.  The stem will need to be swapped or a compatible hand sourced. 

AP_Superman
5 hours ago, teddy875 said:

remember, the Chronograph seconds hand is not interchangeable between gen and rep 7750.  The stem will need to be swapped or a compatible hand sourced. 

Ah ok I see. I always think it's worth it to put in a real swiss movement if possible. So for HBB I'd need the a real swiss movement (eta7750), stem, and  compatible seconds chrono hand?