posmo

Favorite Pam 243 Reps?

posmo

First, a thanks to RWG for hosting us. 

Could any 243 owners comment on their favorite TD for the Pam 243?

Thanks.

mysterio

Any TD can source you any available rep. There are two PAM243s versions, the J-series (with T-SWISS MADE-T dials) from H-fac and the L-series and onwards (with the L-SWISS MADE-L dials) from Noob and H-Fac.

mech500

The best currently available PAM243 rep is made by HF factory (version 3). Noob version is out of stock.

ANY Dealer can get you the HF watch.

mysterio
5 minutes ago, mech500 said:

The best currently available PAM243 rep is made by HF factory (version 3). Noob version is out of stock.

That's the L-SWISS MADE-L dialed version. For the T-SWISS MADE-T dial, only H-factory has so far made it. And yes, any dealer can source you the watches if they are in stock.

DeeJohn
4 hours ago, mech500 said:

Heya Mech, in case you didn't see it, I wrote in the "Please Read" thread over here thanking you for that beauty of a Pam111 + Gunny strap, thanks mate ☺  

Posmo: I have a noob V2 243 which I bought M2M on RWI and I love it.  I do think the case on the noob is nicer than the H and would probably wait until another came up on M2M if I ever had to replace it. 

Of the H Fac versions, the J series dial with its faux tritium is pretty damn sexy and, as the guys above said, any TD can get anything if it's in stock.  

mech500
Heya Mech, in case you didn't see it, I wrote in the "Please Read" thread over here thanking you for that beauty of a Pam111 + Gunny strap, thanks mate  

Glad you like it mate. Let me know when you’re ready to sell it back to me .

Rymeister
First, a thanks to RWG for hosting us. 

Could any 243 owners comment on their favorite TD for the Pam 243?

Thanks.

I bought my h factory from Toro bravo and all I can say you won’t be disappointed in the watch and with toro. Received mine in under a week from choosing to qc to delivery to uk. Fantastic rep that feels/looks totally gen. ae8efe31ee3049daa110bc3951e7e60c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeJohn

On 29/12/2017 at 16:58, Rymeister said:

I bought my h factory from Toro bravo and all I can say you won’t be disappointed in the watch and with toro. Received mine in under a week from choosing to qc to delivery to uk. Fantastic rep that feels/looks totally gen. ae8efe31ee3049daa110bc3951e7e60c.jpg

That does look really nice Rymeister ☺

I actually dropped my noob 4 feet onto a hard floor last night and it no longer works!   Maybe it was meant to be and I'm supposed to e-mail Toro and get an H Fac J series... ? 

mysterio
1 hour ago, DeeJohn said:

That does look really nice Rymeister ☺

I actually dropped my noob 4 feet onto a hard floor last night and it no longer works!   Maybe it was meant to be and I'm supposed to e-mail Toro and get an H Fac J series... ? 

Well if you actually dropped it and not accidentally then it's really a sign. :lol: Sell off the Noob for parts and get some funds for the new H-Fac .

DeeJohn
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Well if you actually dropped it and not accidentally then it's really a sign. :lol: Sell off the Noob for parts and get some funds for the new H-Fac .

Haha :lol:  I suppose I was a little bit unclear there Mysterio.  Yep, it was indeed an accident...  At least I 'think' it was your honour! 

A new 44mm sub will absolutely be heading my way though, I can't survive without.   Just a bit torn between the 243J and the 087...  Hmm? 

Sorry for the thread hijack OP, as you were.

mysterio
40 minutes ago, DeeJohn said:

Haha :lol:  I suppose I was a little bit unclear there Mysterio.  Yep, it was indeed an accident...  At least I 'think' it was your honour! 

A new 44mm sub will absolutely be heading my way though, I can't survive without.   Just a bit torn between the 243J and the 087...  Hmm? 

Sorry for the thread hijack OP, as you were.

Both H-fac super reps, so either way, you're good. :)

Mary Watch

now both version should be not available. Try M2M.

Rymeister

That does look really nice Rymeister

Defiantly sounds like a sign to me instead of trying to decide between 243 and 087.....get both.

mysterio
7 hours ago, Mary Watch said:

now both version should be not available. Try M2M.

There you go although I only saw an H-fac V1 L-series there.

pm-guy

Get both :D

You won't regret...

G9JyPZM.jpg

s0azXuH.jpg

Edited by pm-guy

DeeJohn

Thanks for the encouragement guys, they both do look fantastic! 

I'd settled on  starting with the blue tuna can and then putting a nice Corrigia on her but hadn't e-mailed any TD's yet.   I completely forgot about the issue with H Fac though  :angrymob:  

I'll keep checking M2M on here and on RWI when we're back up.   Patience... 

Rymeister
Get both 
You won't regret...

G9JyPZM.jpg&key=65c10fe7d1e86c4b17726b7fcf1d3c42d548dd662a81f0075b2b807b72662400
s0azXuH.jpg&key=1b85d6638a8441c1d99d7bc6e923315f1031a2e61c49cfb4ea2ae1e22b92adb6

Lovely blue dial,stunning watch

DeeJohn
17 minutes ago, Rymeister said:

Lovely blue dial,stunning watch

I'm getting a twinge looking at her! 

mech500
Just a bit torn between the 243J and the 087...  Hmm? 

I tried the 243J and couldn’t connect with the fake tritium markers...they didn’t look right...preferred the luminova version.

The 087, also with fake tritium markers, seems to work better IMO, perhaps the blue dial helps the fake tritium look better ...idk? Maybe it’s just me.
Here’s my old 087. I have recently ordered another one ... so sounds like it’s still “in stock”
ab8d36b215ceeb49c8a57db604c405d3.jpg

DeeJohn
22 minutes ago, mech500 said:

...my old 087. I have recently ordered another one ... so sounds like it’s still “in stock”

Heya Mech ☺  

OK that sounds good, I'll give it a try with a couple of TD's.  Who was able to source yours bud?

mech500
Heya Mech   

OK that sounds good, I'll give it a try with a couple of TD's.  Who was able to source yours bud?

I Ordered an 087 from chazingtime about a week ago.

Here’s an old pic of my 243J (H fac). The pearl looks ugly to my eyes and there was something about the markers that just didn’t replicate gen tritium patina correctly. Think the yellow was too glossy or something ...but i think it’s just a matter of personal taste.

7cb89bab330659bc4f8b66ce09299a6c.jpg&key=069ff4635964d6fa53a39934f7634a1df8c765f110a986fea3147633103a5d8e

Here’s my other 087...the yellow “tritium” markers are nice and matte (actually look aged).

1b44cb81b8a4463ddd033ff238504999.jpg&key=594785300ea4faa2f9d4d855059954f046d19e53cac9e8ffc18175e75767e94f

Oh and in case OP is interested, here’s my L-Swiss-L 243 h-fac, v3. One of the best reps I’ve owaafbef1b5a9ff98a9230808b4f25294d.jpgned.

DeeJohn

Thanks for the TD tip and the pics Mech.

I do know what you mean regarding the faux tritium on the 243J, but I think it's a good starting point for someone such as RolexAddict to perform magic on.

With the 087, I'd be happy to leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is.   There's a big "tell" on the dial anyway with the printed numbers not being white around the lume.  And  of course the patina being on the dark side and the same colour all over the dial and hands.  Still looks stunningly beautiful as is and I'd be more than happy and proud of her  ☺

pm-guy

The 087 looks even better after a re-lume service...

1u3xgvx.jpg

AwOFedj.jpg

DeeJohn
1 hour ago, pm-guy said:

The 087 looks even better after a re-lume service...

1u3xgvx.jpg

It certainly does!  Taken it to yet another level.  Great job ☺

Edit:  I see you've done the same with your 243J  -  That looks great too mate! 

Edited by DeeJohn
Adding a post script.

pm-guy
45 minutes ago, DeeJohn said:

It certainly does!  Taken it to yet another level.  Great job ☺

Edit:  I see you've done the same with your 243J  -  That looks great too mate! 

Yes...

The 243J is already a great watch, getting it re-lume makes it much better, IMHO :)