Replicawatchfan

PAM438 - links removal

Replicawatchfan

Hi members, 

I received the PAM438 and I need to remove a few links to fit.  I called a few watch smiths and they said that company policy is not to touch a ceramic watch for risk that the strap breaks during the process.  So I am continuing to call others in my area.

I had a look with my mag. glass and they look like pins that need to be punched out to remove - am I correct ? 

Any experience from other members who went through this process ?  Is the strap at risk of breaking ? 

rolexwatchfan

Edited by rolexwatchfan
Wrong vid

Luxuracer
13 minutes ago, rolexwatchfan said:

giphy.gif

nalomb

OP -- your instincts are correct in that they are just metal pins.  The trick of it is that the ceramic material just grabs a hold of them like a succubus on an unsuspecting host.  They can be popped out like normal pins, but you need to be careful, patient and willing to walk away a few times haha -- your watch smith is correct to be wary.  One pro tip is to get it a little warm -- either wear it, place it in your pocket or sit on it in your office chair.  I found when the material was a tad warm (body temperature as opposed to room temp or colder) it was much easier.  Good luck!

Replicawatchfan

yes I saw that  video, just wasn't sure if it applied.   I will give this a delicate spin and patience. :)

thank you much for the advice and have a happy new year weekend.

cheers,