MartNL

Reps (Tourbillon) without branding?

MartNL

Hi All,

I am looking around for a nice Tourbillon watch. Whilst the Chinese ones are relatively cheap it's still a lot of money to put down for a rep looking at the major downside of not being able to have it serviced (watch makers here in general don't touch reps/chinese tourbillons and sending reps across countries doesn't seem a good idea). I also looked at Chinese branded ones like Seagull but I am not sure I like the style of it fully. Also looking at a Perpetual branded watch but that still is double the price of a nice rep. Finally on ebay you can find Tourbillon watches for around 450EUR under the sugges and on Amazon Dumont brand which look a lot like Seagull.

So, during my search I was thinking that a rep without the Brand markers on the watch might be a good idea as you are not using the trademark of the luxury brand. I think there might be a market for that. Maybe change even some details here and there. I know there are homage watches but choice is very limited compared to reps.

Do you guys know whether TD's, or better Factories offer such an option? What would you advice to go for buying a Tourbillon which looks good; go for a rep, homage or Chinese branded? Especially taking the servicing in consideration.

iamonline

I have yet to find a watchsmith in my area who would service my Chinese brand tourbillon. In fact, none of them have never worked on tourbillon. If you know of one in the US, please let me know.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk