DonkeyKong

Just how bad were reps. back in the day ... ?

DonkeyKong

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie,  and a techno-idiot.  My first attempt (almost) to participate.  Apologies in advance if it's dull,  or the wrong place,   or anything similar. 

My back-story    ......   I'm a gen. guy, through and through,    brainwashed over thirty years to believe that reps. are evil and rep. enthusiasts are the veritable spawn of Satan.    But after a couple of months on RWI and my fresh exposure to RWG,  I'm having an epiphany.  I see some splendid reps. and homages,   some very clever building and modding and I'm meeting some nice,  enthusiastic people.    Good to be here.

Thought I'd show this splendid rep.  for anyone who may have missed the early years of rep'ping.   This fine specimen came to me from the Phillipines I guess twenty years back.   You may notice a couple of flaws   :Applause:.

Interesting to note though,   I can't help but wonder if some of the true-blue gen. guys   ( read that as 'GEN. OR NOTHING !' )   have failed to venture into rep. territory in recent years and have completely missed the evolution of the rep. /homage hobby ?     But hey,  enough from me -  I'll let the pics tell the story.    Ain't she a peach !

Rep2.jpg

Rep1_2.jpg

Rep1.jpg

Rep4.jpg

Rep3.jpg

ShovelnTC

That's a lovely example and having lasted 20 years it must have been a good one:giggle:

I am still waiting to see a true antique Rep of the rare vintage type with a bamboo mainspring as described to me by my late father in the 70's.

Although I think the one he was talking about may have belonged to a freind of a freind.;)

GingerApple

That. Is. Awesome. 

I bet you could get $100 for that in M2M just for fun, I love it!

McGilli

SUPERLATME CHRONDMETER

OFFICIALIY CEREIED

And... It is HATENTED !!!!!!

Does not get any more real than that!!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Daywatch

Great pic of a nice Detesust:)

Xpletiv

^blessyou

theslavetrainer

Amazing, I have reps over twenty years and mostly made of plated brass cases and bracelets. Still goin strong lol.

Rymeister

That is brilliant! Thanks for sharing this has tickled me. Chrondometer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk