Junior88

Yet another noob

Junior88

Good morning all, and Happy New Year. 

I've always been a watch geek, but never really had anything resembling a collection. Just kind of bought what caught my eye. I've never really spent much money on watches. 

I have been wearing a Huawei watch for the past year (yes, I do like smartwatches as well) And doing what I do for a living, this thing has served me VERY well. It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be. 

That said, I discovered the rep world about a month ago, and I have been bitten. I have purchased a Daytona 116520 from Trusty TIme, even though I have read all the horror stories about the A7750 with sec@6. I just really, really wanted one and I decided I could live with the risk. Dumb, huh? I also found that he has a 6263 with a Venus 75 H/W movement, and I have also purchased that one, just waiting on QC pics. The first Daytona I ordered should be here tomorrow, assuming Customs doesn't decide they want it more than me. 

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to being a part of a community with other watch enthusiasts. I will be the first to admit, I have a lot to learn. 

Mike1818

welcome here and happy new year.

Glaude

Hi 88juniorfan !

That's a nice introduction, to quote a famous philosopher from this board, @Thommo82 :

Nice to see a new member that is not a complete twat

Enjoy your purchase a post a couple of pics when you can !

Junior88
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

Hi 88juniorfan !

That's a nice introduction, to quote a famous philosopher from this board, @Thommo82 :

Enjoy your purchase a post a couple of pics when you can !

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to eventually be a productive member of the community!

Thommo82

Getting bitten by this hobby is a blessing and a curse. But at least you are in the right place 

G’day from Australia

Junior88
3 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Getting bitten by this hobby is a blessing and a curse. But at least you are in the right place 

G’day from Australia

Thank you, sir. I've already discovered that it's most definitely both a blessing and a curse. I'm already up to around 6 or 8 that I'm going to purchase.  I know the watches I want, just need to do the research on the factories, and the movements.  I'm taking a very, very serious look at the Moonwatch that MaryWatch has....

Thommo82
2 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Thank you, sir. I've already discovered that it's most definitely both a blessing and a curse. I'm already up to around 6 or 8 that I'm going to purchase.  I know the watches I want, just need to do the research on the factories, and the movements.  I'm taking a very, very serious look at the Moonwatch that MaryWatch has....

That 6 or 8 will quickly turn into 60 or 80 on the wish list. I’m one year into the hobby with 30 watches already.... 

Junior88
29 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

That 6 or 8 will quickly turn into 60 or 80 on the wish list. I’m one year into the hobby with 30 watches already.... 

I'm beginning to realize that, too. I'm already eyeing a 20 slot leather watch case.....

McGilli
12 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

That said, I discovered the rep world about a month ago, and I have been bitten.

Have you ever been in Bangkok, and you got bitten by a woman, who turned out to not actually be a woman?

Yeah, getting bitten by the rep world isn't really that bad :) It's just a little more expensive. Welcome #1!

Junior88
50 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Have you ever been in Bangkok, and you got bitten by a woman, who turned out to not actually be a woman?

Yeah, getting bitten by the rep world isn't really that bad :) It's just a little more expensive. Welcome #1!

I have to admit, I'm not much of a world traveler. I drive for a living, so I guess I get my travelling fix with that.   And, while it IS more expensive, I could have been bitten by the gen bug, and then where would I be? 

Thank you for the welcome, I'm looking forward to being here. 

Glaude
51 minutes ago, McGilli said:

According to @shabbaranks21 this is just to offensive and you're being rude to a minority... ask @iabounty about it... this was a fun time in the shoutybox the other day !

Thommo82
2 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

I'm beginning to realize that, too. I'm already eyeing a 20 slot leather watch case.....

Trust me, get a bigger one.....

shabbaranks21
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

According to @shabbaranks21 this is just to offensive and you're being rude to a minority... ask @iabounty about it... this was a fun time in the shoutybox the other day !

Glad you're still thinking about me... I must of really hurt your feelings when I said your kind are known for packing 3 inchers... how cute  :asslick:

Glaude
8 hours ago, shabbaranks21 said:

Glad you're still thinking about me... I must of really hurt your feelings when I said your kind are known for packing 3 inchers... how cute  :asslick:

You give yourself waayyyy too much credits. You're just funny that's what I remember. If you think you're hurting anyone here... well think again, you're just too easy to start up, ever considering converting yourself into an engine ?

Don't worry RWI will be back up again soon and you won't have to deal with us degenerate that you are so pro at hurting and making cry ;) 

Junior88
19 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Trust me, get a bigger one.....

I'm gonna start with the 20 I think. I don't want to get ahead of myself, and when I told my wife I was going to get a box for 20 she said, and I quote, " You only have one wrist to wear it on. How many do you need?" 

So I can ALREADY see which direction this hobby is going to go in my house.......

Apparently I should have stuck with diecast NASCARs...

Thommo82
1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

I'm gonna start with the 20 I think. I don't want to get ahead of myself, and when I told my wife I was going to get a box for 20 she said, and I quote, " You only have one wrist to wear it on. How many do you need?" 

So I can ALREADY see which direction this hobby is going to go in my house.......

Apparently I should have stuck with diecast NASCARs...

Model cars don’t tell the time 

Glaude
4 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Of course they do !

morgan-05.jpg

You can't put a car on your wrist though ...

(you dumb aussie)

Junior88
24 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Hahaha right you are! However, I had already started a diecast collection before we met... and this is a new obsession. And since it doesn't involve her, it must be evil, right?

Edited by 88juniorfan

Thommo82
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

Of course they do !

morgan-05.jpg

You can't put a car on your wrist though ...

(you dumb aussie)

Guess I’ll have to prove you wrong and get a car watch

you slimey French bastard 

1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

Hahaha right you are! However, I had already started a diecast collection before we met... and this is a new obsession. And since it doesn't involve her, it must be evil, right?

Sounds like she’s a glass half empty kind of women

Glaude
30 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "dare you gif pulp"

Junior88
41 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Sounds like she’s a glass half empty kind of women

Maybe. But now I've got her looking at ladies Rolex reps. A little bribery never hurt!

Thommo82
5 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

Maybe. But now I've got her looking at ladies Rolex reps. A little bribery never hurt!

Check out the longines ladies watches, Frank Muller too. Very stylish

5 hours ago, Glaude said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "dare you gif pulp"

I think you’re in love with me 

Davesjourney

Nice to see a #1 for a change!

Thommo82
2 hours ago, Davesjourney said:

Amen

Junior88

3 hours ago, Davesjourney said:

I'm guessing #1 is good, then? I've been seeing it here and there, but I haven't found the meaning behind the "newbie numbers system" yet haha. 

Are there really that many new members that are complete twats?