Junior88

Yet another noob

Glaude
5 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

I think you’re in love with me 

Like that something new, of course I am !

But you still have to find a watch car !

1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

I'm guessing #1 is good, then? I've been seeing it here and there, but I haven't found the meaning behind the "newbie numbers system" yet haha. 

Are there really that many new members that are complete twats? 

Check the About me of my profile.

And yes there's a lot of complete twats !

Junior88
9 hours ago, Glaude said:

Check the About me of my profile.

And yes there's a lot of complete twats !

For once, I'm happy that I'm not a complete twat!

Received my first rep today. Absolutely gorgeous. I wanna wear it everywhere, but I know I'll destroy it at work. 

Glaude
24 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

For once, I'm happy that I'm not a complete twat!

Received my first rep today. Absolutely gorgeous. I wanna wear it everywhere, but I know I'll destroy it at work. 

Pics or it didn't happen ! ;) 

Junior88

Oh man, I suck at taking pictures. I have it in a Game Time watch box right now, because it's all I have. This literally is my first rep. 

How in the hell do I attach pictures here?

Glaude

Take a look here : 

Junior88

20180103_155715.jpg20180103_161456.jpg20180103_194054.jpg

Edited by 88juniorfan
fixed pics

Glaude

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "noice gif"

Junior88

Appreciate the guidance on how to upload the pics, Glaude. 

The lighting in my office kinda sucks, and everything outside is white. I'll get some better pics in the coming few days. I have two more reps on their way. :)

Yep, I think I have a problem....

Edited by 88juniorfan

Thommo82

@88juniorfan looks like you need to click on the bit in postimage that says, ‘do not resize my pictures’

They will come out bigger and clearer that way 

Davesjourney

Yes, plenty of twats.

We came up with:

The T.N.S (Thommo Noob Scale) is currently:

Noob ratings:

1: not a twat

2: a twat, but I won't resort to violence

3: complete twat, I feel sorry for his family

4: CUNT.... burn his house down

Junior88
4 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

@88juniorfan looks like you need to click on the bit in postimage that says, ‘do not resize my pictures’

They will come out bigger and clearer that way 

Thought I had done that, apparently not. 

I've fixed it now, hopefully you guys get a better representation of what I got. 

Thommo82
6 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

Thought I had done that, apparently not. 

I've fixed it now, hopefully you guys get a better representation of what I got. 

Much better! Nice little Daytona to start off your collection

Junior88
18 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Much better! Nice little Daytona to start off your collection

I have to say, I'm impressed with it. I wore it most of the day at work today (won't do THAT again) but it was nice to see it there. 

I have a 6263 Daytona on it's way from Andrew, and also a Speedmaster from Mary. 

Junior88

Well, unfortunately, my shiny new Daytona stopped working this afternoon. Took me a couple of hours to notice it. 

Sitting at my desk and I looked at my wrist to check the time, and it said 4:30pm. My computer said it was almost 6:30pm. I looked at the seconds dial, and she ain't turning.....

Thommo82
3 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Well, unfortunately, my shiny new Daytona stopped working this afternoon. Took me a couple of hours to notice it. 

Sitting at my desk and I looked at my wrist to check the time, and it said 4:30pm. My computer said it was almost 6:30pm. I looked at the seconds dial, and she ain't turning.....

Hopefully it’s just from lack of wrist movement. Have you given the crown a turn? 

Ive has this happen a few times with various watches and they usually right themselves without much effort. 

Junior88
10 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Hopefully it’s just from lack of wrist movement. Have you given the crown a turn? 

Ive has this happen a few times with various watches and they usually right themselves without much effort. 

Unfortunately not. I've been wearing it all day and I've been all over hells half acre. I took it off and gave it a shake, I could hear the rotor winding but nothing... 

I did also turn the crown clockwise after unscrewing it.

Edited by 88juniorfan

Glaude
1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

Unfortunately not. I've been wearing it all day and I've been all over hells half acre. I took it off and gave it a shake, I could hear the rotor winding but nothing... 

I did also turn the crown clockwise after unscrewing it.

Well maybe @GenTLe could have an idea but in case not, do you have a watchsmith where you can take it ?

Junior88

I honestly haven't thought that far ahead, this being my first purchase. I'll have to look around and see if there's someone around that will look at it. It IS a 7750, so I'm doubting it...

Glaude

Where are you located ? 

McGilli

This sucks. Hope you get it working soon. Best thing about being #1 is that people will actually help you with problems when they pop up :) Good luck!

Junior88

Canada.

Andrew did get back to me and told me to hand wind it 30-40 times and tap it HARD against my palm. It worked. It's running again. 

Glaude
4 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Canada.

Andrew did get back to me and told me to hand wind it 30-40 times and tap it HARD against my palm. It worked. It's running again. 

Awesome, that must be a relieve for you ! 
I don't know about the 30-40 times hand wind on A7750, I've read somewhere on this board that 10 to 20 hand wound should be a maximum. I think the big tap against your palm did the trick, not the hand wind.

Thommo82

Glad you got it going again mate!

Ive been lucky with my 30 watches, both rep and gen that any issues have been an easy fix.

GenTLe
7 hours ago, Glaude said:

Well maybe @GenTLe could have an idea but in case not, do you have a watchsmith where you can take it ?

Well, there could be 3 things:

1. if it's a fully working 7750 modified (so not the ARF with frozen subdials at 3 and 9) it can be the problem of those modded ones without jeweled transfer gears. Not really a lot to do. But it's strange that it's stopped after so few days.
  2. something (a screw for instance) my has detached and ended up in the balance weel, stopping it
  3. the reversing wheel may have stopped to work (I had 2 of mine doing that), in such case it works with manual winding but it doesn't autocharge.

Junior88

Thank you for all the replies on this, guys. I appreciate it greatly. 

@Glaude, I think you're right. The manual winding kind of freaked me out so I only did a little handwinding. I tried that earlier today to no avail, as well. The three of four smacks against my hand seemed to do it. I was VERY reluctant to try that, because, well, it's a watch.  You just don't smack a watch. 

3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Well, there could be 3 things:

1. if it's a fully working 7750 modified (so not the ARF with frozen subdials at 3 and 9) it can be the problem of those modded ones without jeweled transfer gears. Not really a lot to do. But it's strange that it's stopped after so few days.
  2. something (a screw for instance) my has detached and ended up in the balance weel, stopping it
  3. the reversing wheel may have stopped to work (I had 2 of mine doing that), in such case it works with manual winding but it doesn't autocharge.

Supposedly this one is an improved 29 jewel version. Not sure if this is horseshit or not, but that's what the site said.  Now that it's running, the second hand @6 DOES appear to be stuttering now, almost like it's ticking.  Not sure what that might indicate.