GingerApple

Is Baselworld worth going to?

GingerApple

I've been toying with the idea of heading to Baselworld (not knowing much about it) and wondered if any of you ugly bunch had been?

I've had a look at some photos and it seems pretty crowded - perhaps best to leave it to the trade and media?

Are there any other similar events people would recommend if Baselworld isn't any good, particularly UK/EU based?

lrnz

Unless you're a dealer/ press, it is absolutely not worth going to. All you can do if you're a " normal visitor " is to watch the watches with a thick glass between you and them.

if you're a dealer, you get the chance to talk with people, you have appointments where  you hand the watch in your hands and you place orders, they give you food and gadgets. It is a incredible experience and I advice anyone who is a dealer to go at least once.

wrenches&watches
Unless you're a dealer/ press, it is absolutely not worth going to. All you can do if you're a " normal visitor " is to watch the watches with a thick glass between you and them.
if you're a dealer, you get the chance to talk with people, you have appointments where  you hand the watch in your hands and you place orders, they give you food and gadgets. It is a incredible experience and I advice anyone who is a dealer to go at least once.

Obvious next question then, how do I become a dealer? And can I go as an ambassador for Jfac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Does being an ambassador have perks? Is there a special room where you get lap dances and stuff? :lol:

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Is Baselworld worth going to?

Only if they have reps .... Kakaka!

giphy.gif

trailboss99
5 hours ago, mysterio said:

Does being an ambassador have perks? Is there a special room where you get lap dances and stuff? :lol:

Being a brand ambassador for a watch company brings many, many perks. 

wolfwood

Him for example.

0a54b52307f64fdb840b3bef89668936.jpg

mysterio
1 hour ago, trailboss99 said:

Being a brand ambassador for a watch company brings many, many perks. 

Well for the luxury watch brands of course (and if you are David Fecking Backham, you don't even need to be one) :lol: . I was referring to the JFactory Ambassador comment. :giggle:

lrnz
8 hours ago, wrenches&watches said:

Obvious next question then, how do I become a dealer? And can I go as an ambassador for Jfac?

To become a dealer you have to have a shop where you sell genuine pieces of a certain brand with the brand’s permission. 

I know your answer was sarcastic but who knows :D

wrenches&watches
To become a dealer you have to have a shop where you sell genuine pieces of a certain brand with the brand’s permission. 
I know your answer was sarcastic but who knows

Well, since Mr. JF is buying all these gens to make 1:1 reps for us, it might make sense that one of his probably many businesses is also a gen watch shop, and of course a chicken chop house. I’m on a quest for knowledge!

10:10 Watch Repair
12 hours ago, wrenches&watches said:

PM Onze.

Natas78

Well I went last year, drove the car and made it a road trip with the wifey, stopped for the night in france, had a blast and some vino -when in rome- , ate very well in a local restaurant.
Continued the next morning to Basel, paid 70€ each for 1 day entry.... the atmosphere is nice, people are friendly, but all the big brands are not open for the general public. We both dressed up nicely and we do make a dashing pair so we had some fun there. The wifey got some expensive catalogs from Chanel, nice bags too, Hermès, Ck,
(She got a nice backpack from Ck also). So if you can behave like you belong there and ask the right questions you can get freebies too.
I will go this year perhaps with my old professor, they get dealer access so it’s much much nicer :).
I hear the after parties are amazing too, the women are fantastic BTW...
And last but NOT least, the last day you are able to shop, and I know some people who made some bargains purchasing benches, tools or such.
Conclusion: worth it for a first time and if you’re at home in a decadent business setting or at least make it seem like you belong there.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro