DallasGTA

What do you think of the Jacob & Co Epic I?

DallasGTA

Hello and Happy New Year.

It has been just over a week since I asked for everyone’s opinion on the Jacob & Co Grand (see here:

The consensus was an overwhelming (or emphatic) nay.

I appreciate you providing me with your opinions and I enjoyed reading your comments.  So now I am coming to you with another watch from the Jacob & Co line.  It’s the rep of the Epic I.

Jacob%20Co%20Epic%20rep_zpsfoffbzew.jpg

So...  what do you think?  Is this quartz rep better than the previous Grand model?  Do you give it a yay or a nay?

RepGuy

That's horribly ugly

deju

The Gen is an expensive monstrosity, that only has the fact that it is finished to  a very high standard going for it. 

The rep just looks like a cheaply finished  kids toy watch, sorry. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=13795&stc=1&

Foxindebox

Orrible 

Khronos

I think I just caught a very bad case of eye cancer. And puked in my mouth a little. Where the f&$k do you find this crap? Looks like some toy watch from a vending machine. What's wrong with good ol' Omegas, PAMs and Rolies? Or you feel the urge to be special? Get a bloody Franck Mueller if you have to, but this.. Seriously?

DallasGTA

Lol.  Khronos - I do have a few PAMs and Rolies in my standard collection, but you're right about me wanting something a little different/special.  From your comment, I guess this won't be it!

deju

Buy some of the following  these are all interesting and of decent quality :

Richard Mille Reps
Franck Muller Reps 
Graham Reps 

My favourite  is my Uboat u51 Chimera RepPhoto_02-04-2017_11_45_24.jpg

Khronos
Glaude

At first I was like : yay why not if this is your style, at least this is not as bad of rep job as the previous.

Then I saw deju posting the pic of the real deal... thanks to you deju now I can say : stay away from the rep maker of those Jacob & Co, he has eyes issue !

Big nay again !

DallasGTA
2 hours ago, Khronos said:

The Bvlgari is beautiful, but a little too conventional to be considered different/special.

I'm not too keen on the FM Vanguard, but what are your thoughts on the FM Vegas or Crazy Hours?

fatarms
2 hours ago, DallasGTA said:

Lol.  Khronos - I do have a few PAMs and Rolies in my standard collection, but you're right about me wanting something a little different/special.  From your comment, I guess this won't be it!

Buy what makes you happy, plain and simple.  If you enjoy it, who cares if people think it's ugly.

ag69

NAY!!  

Moondustesp

Nope

Kaiser

Fuck no

DallasGTA
19 hours ago, fatarms said:

Buy what makes you happy, plain and simple.  If you enjoy it, who cares if people think it's ugly.

A valid point, but I do care what my fellow rep enthusiasts think about watches I am considering.  I am by no means an expert.  If that's strange, then I am strange.