Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

IWC Big Pilot

Luthier

Just got confirmation on BP availability, transferred money, and now will wait for EMS.

I ordered SS/black dial, 5004 model, with working Power Reserve. 46,2mm size... Mmmm... love it!!!

Full report will be posted with pictures.

It should be exactly like this one:

BP.jpg

trailboss99

Nice watch. Too big for me tho.

Col.

greg_r

Very nice, Luthier :lol:

Luthier

Already got pictures, and it's inspected and shipped . Black leather, even better. Match dial color.

I love my girl!!!

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

trailboss99

Even a TRL, the obvious sign of quality :lol:

I would end up ripping the crown off as well. I'd give it a cpl of weeks for me to destroy it. Pity actualy. This is available in a smaller size yes?

Col.

Luthier
Even a TRL, the obvious sign of quality :lol:

I would end up ripping the crown off as well. I'd give it a cpl of weeks for me to destroy it. Pity actualy. This is available in a smaller size yes?

Col.

What is TRL?

Yes, she has 42mm with chrono, A7750.

omni
What is TRL?

Its THESE! "thin-red-line" :lol: ............Nice watch Luthier, wear it well.

greg_r
What is TRL?

Its THESE! "thin-red-line" :P ............Nice watch Luthier, wear it well.

LOL! Let's not start that again.... :lol:

Luthier
What is TRL?

Ahhaaaa... I see.

It's like a stamp - FAKE!!!!

Right?

trailboss99
What is TRL?

Why not?

greg_r

Oh well, in for a penny... :P

The Thin Red Line (henceforth known as TRL) ships on the back of many rep or gen watches, ostensibly simply to protect the back of the watch in transit. However, they're an immediate 'tell' as there are various grades of TRL - there's the pin-sharp dark red version that ships on the back of Rollies, the slightly fuzzy pinker version used by Breitling and various other varieties used by most of the gen manufacturers. Rep TRLs are less sharply defined and are generally considered to be a dead giveaway. However, you should never remove the TRL from an A7750-powered watch as they're slightly magnetic and can affect timekeeping.

Anyone else have anything to add? :lol:

trailboss99
What is TRL?

Ahhaaaa... I see.

It's like a stamp - FAKE!!!!

Right?

Na, it's actualy a gen thing that the reps like to copy. It's wear marker. The idea is that the red line is printed in an ink that wears easily (on the real ones anyway). Thus if the watch cops to many days being worn by staff or a night on the owners wrist it shows.

Col.

trailboss99

Greg beat me to it.

Luthier
Greg beat me to it.

Gosh... I'll always be a noob.........

trailboss99

Greg: AFIK that only applies to the older, slow beat 7750s NOT fitted with the sec@6 module. The new high beats and all sec@6 are imune to TRL removal. It has something to do with the MVT holders used and the metal used in their construction. I have heard ancedotal evidence however that all 7750 Pams regardless of beat and age are prone to the problem.

Col.

AllergyDoc

The TRL must not be so far from the center of the watch case. It should run just off-center, from about 7:00 to 2:00. At least on IWC.

greg_r
Greg: AFIK that only applies to the older, slow beat 7750s NOT fitted with the sec@6 module. The new high beats and all sec@6 are imune to TRL removal. It has something to do with the MVT holders used and the metal used in their construction. I have heard ancedotal evidence however that all 7750 Pams regardless of beat and age are prone to the problem.

Col.

Yeah, I was thinking of PAMs, being a PAM kinda guy.

Doc: depends on whether it's a Big Pilot or the regular version. The smaller ones seem to like 8-4 alignment, so I've heard...

AllergyDoc
Doc: depends on whether it's a Big Pilot or the regular version. The smaller ones seem to like 8-4 alignment, so I've heard...

Right. I forgot about that. In any case, Luthier's TRL is way off.

greg_r

Yup. It'd probably work better on the front, actually...

jameo210369

Luthier she is stunning, let the children bicker between themselves; enjoy her and remember she likes lots of walks.

iabounty

I have saved all of the TRL's from all my reps and all the packaging and bubble wrap ect. They might just be an old lump of coal now, but their gonna be a diamond some day.......

iabounty
Just got confirmation on BP availability, transferred money, and now will wait for EMS.

I ordered SS/black dial, 5004 model, with working Power Reserve. 46,2mm size... Mmmm... love it!!!

Full report will be posted with pictures.

It should be exactly like this one:

BP.jpg

Will the strap fit your 8 inch wrist? You seem to have a tough time in the fit department with leather.....

I like the watch as well Luthier, but like Col. I would break off that massive crown within 24hrs. In my world things that stick out get broken or beaten or handcuffed........

Or all the above........

Luthier
Will the strap fit your 8 inch wrist? You seem to have a tough time in the fit department with leather.....

I like the watch as well Luthier, but like Col. I would break off that massive crown within 24hrs. In my world things that stick out get broken or beaten or handcuffed........

Or all the above........

I thought about stap already, but if it will not fit - I have a folder, full of bookmarks od strap dealers, will find one , same type, with rivets, XL size.

Straps.jpg

oscarmadfish

great looking watch

Luthier

Olala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!

Didn't expect it today, but my "da beotch" just arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered it on April 14th, today is April 18th!! WOOOW!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned. This is, probably, the best replica I've ever had. It's gorgeous, heavy, excellent details, fantastic AR, and working power reserve!!!

Look on first 2 puctures. Mary setted up L.A. time, and it's came with still 2,5 days of power!!! I started to wind it up, but stopped, and took pictures of power reserve hand. As you can see- it's working PR! Screw-in crown rotating like in thick butter - so smooth, that I almost got orgasm. Smoothiest crown ever!!! The caseback is thick and very, very heavy, and movement is just gorgeous. Look on this rotor!!! Ofcourse, anti-magnetic shield, and special spring were in place. The strap is made from very thick and very, very soft leather, it's brown, and looks absolutely gorgeous. The buckle (or clasp? ) is top quality, look on the signs! The dial is beautiful, 5004 model, absolute copy of genuine watch. Actually, I wanted RG, but now I see- it would be too fancy for such a "manly" watch. SS is just perfect for this model.

Date changes with light click, and the font is correct. The watch is 46,2mm diameter, but, surprisingly, doesn't look SO big, just what the doctor recommended. The strap is XXL lenght, longer, than I dreamed about, and it's soft and I don't feel it on my wrist, so smooth...

All wording on caseback is correct, with "PLATINUM", not "FIATINUM", like on most websites. The case is well made, brushed steel with polished bezel. I didn't find any flaws so far in this watch. Lume is not bad, but not perfect, 15 seconds on daylight gave me this picture. But, what should I expect from $180 rep.???

Anyway... Mary is Da Girl!!!

So, folks, enjoy the pictures, and envy.

:Talk to the Hand:

01-6.jpg

02-8.jpg

03-7.jpg

04-6.jpg

05-7.jpg

06-6.jpg

07-6.jpg

08-4.jpg

09-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

010a.jpg