Robse1

Tudor Pelagos V6F - Screw broke on Movement and some stuff in there

Robse1

So where to start? I picked up the Pelagos from TD, everything is fine and the watchbis great.

Now i found the time to open the caseback to make a „new rep. check“ 

- One screw of the Movement holder was not really tight > fixed.

- There were some Metal shavings from the productions hanging on the Case where the Stem is and the HEV > removed > fixed.

- Some litte dirt, nothing special > fixed

- Gasket bit dry > fixed

So and then i checked all the other screws if they are tight...but then there was this one screw...i put only a minimum force on the screwdriver and it was loose....wtf? thats not normal, ok let‘s see whats shamboozeling there and i found out the screw was broken ... it was holding only a little bit and so it was only a question of time when it falls out.

Is this screw important guys? the head of it is off but the rest of it is stucking inside...

here some pics...don‘t know if its a serious problem, watch is running gerat and nothing loose.

2TbwSvl.jpg

here you see the „hole“ under the screw from the movementholder. ( screw head missing )

ZddWEMB.jpg

here‘s a pic from the screw head...

S5v0SKL.jpg

here is where it should be

hGDZE6m.jpg

oh and some metall shavings i removed

qdQkwfc.jpg

LaPavel

Offtopic. How feel has bracelet? Is it solid and gen like? Has bracelet gen click sound? Thank you

ShovelnTC

Mate I believe that screw is holding the movement in the movement spacer, (there will be another on the opposite side) many times the movement is quite tight in the movement spacer and some watches don't even have screws securing them but it would depend on how loose it is whether it will cause any concern.

I'd just be looking to see if the movement is properly seated by looking through the crystal and if it looks OK then I wouldn't be concerned.

I'm sure some of the guys that do more tinkering than me will chime in If I'm wrong.

Robse1

@LaPavel i‘m sorry  i never owned a gen but it feels very good, the clicking of the bezel ( i think you mean the bezel ) is good also :)

@ShovelnTC Thank you mate for your quick answer:)) , it looks every thing fine and nothing loose, so i think i dont have to be concerned:)

*oh i forgot to say it‘s an A2824-2 Movement :)

Edited by Robse1
forgot the Movement type

Lakdeuz
9 hours ago, LaPavel said:

Offtopic. How feel has bracelet? Is it solid and gen like? Has bracelet gen click sound? Thank you

What the fuss is this question???? Gen click lol never heard that you made my day

LaPavel

Ou, I mean clasp click and bracelet solid feel...

GenTLe

As ShovelnTC wrote, it's one of the 2 scres that keep the movement attached to the holder. I've had a similar case on my V&C Overseas. It is possible to remove it and replace with another one, but it will need the movement to be removed and the same for the hands and dial.

If it is keeping its position regardless that screw, keep it as it is. Otherwise do it a service and in the meantime take the screw out :)

tripdog123
13 hours ago, LaPavel said:

What is the 'gen click sound' - how would you describe it ? - do you have a recording of the' gen click sound' to compare it to 'rep click sounds' ?

Robse1
22 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

As ShovelnTC wrote, it's one of the 2 scres that keep the movement attached to the holder. I've had a similar case on my V&C Overseas. It is possible to remove it and replace with another one, but it will need the movement to be removed and the same for the hands and dial.

If it is keeping its position regardless that screw, keep it as it is. Otherwise do it a service and in the meantime take the screw out :)

Ok that sounds good, i keep it as it is. When it breakes down somwhen i kick it out and swap tonan ETA2824-2. 

18 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

What is the 'gen click sound' - how would you describe it ? - do you have a recording of the' gen click sound' to compare it to 'rep click sounds' ?

Maybe he‘s from the OGCCD - the „ Official Gen Click Comparison Department“

LaPavel

Asian rep clasp has usually poor feel. I have spectre v6f and clasp is very bad. The spring in the clasp ( buckle) is loose, not stiff and has a bad sound. BP air king  clasp has bad made with not click feel. Best clasp has noob for me. Very solid clasp with good sound. Maybe I am from OGCCD, but I really like clasp with good click sound :D

Robse1

Well the Clasp is very good imo...ceramic spring balls and it clicks very strong and is holding absolutely tight and perfect.

But the ARF Clasp on my 126600 SD 904L is a dream, never had a perfect clasp like this.

so enough of clicking clasp‘s an rotating bezel gen clicks haha :r2d4: