shadowmite

Omega 2016 Planet Ocean in Titanium or SS

shadowmite

Question, I recently ordered an Omega 2016 PO with the grey dial from Ryan (OM factory) and the example pics on his site show it as a Titanium rep with Ti on the dial and Titanium stamped on the back lug. However when I just got my QC pics they show Stainless Steel on the back lug and no Ti mark on the face. Is there two models of this watch? I haven’t seen the stainless steel markings on any TD webpages...

Kernow

I believe that there are two models. Ask Ryan about it - maybe he sourced the wrong watch. 

shadowmite

I did send some notes back in response and they are going to go talk to the factory and see if this is a change or if it's 2 different models.

RepGuy
16 hours ago, shadowmite said:

Question, I recently ordered an Omega 2016 PO with the grey dial from Ryan (OM factory) and the example pics on his site show it as a Titanium rep with Ti on the dial and Titanium stamped on the back lug. However when I just got my QC pics they show Stainless Steel on the back lug and no Ti mark on the face. Is there two models of this watch? I haven’t seen the stainless steel markings on any TD webpages...

I had one from OMF, and the one I received had the correct Titanium markings. I believe the older models has SS stamped, but should be updated in the new version.

shadowmite

Well so far InTime has gone silent on this issue. A week after I declined the QC on the incorrect model I asked for an update and they said they were waiting on the factory. Still nothing since, would it be reasonable to ask at the two week point to switch to another model if they haven’t acquired the one I wanted? Heaven forbid I get the dhgate order before the TD!!

shadowmite

Nevermind on this question, last night they finally got me new QC's and I've approved. Yay, can't wait for my new watch...

tomerh120

It's stampped titanium while its stainless steel.

amptor

Your PO might be SS but my 45mm is Titanium.  I can tell by the weight.

Hunklee

Appearance wise, can we tell if it's ti or ss?

amptor

Ti is darker in color than SS when I put my Omega reps side by side.

shadowmite

I finally got my watch today. First impressions (coming from a Noob CrPO) are that some bits are amazingly better than the Noob CrPO, other bits are amazingly worse. Most glaring tell appears to be the bezel being more like the Ceramic material and not Liquid Metal like the announcements indicate the legitimate watch has. Of course the beat at 28800 also is a tell (as if looking at the movement didn't give it away with details like "Thirty Five" missing the T!). A picture review to come in the next few days. Oh, and agreed this model appears to be stainless steel by weight but stamped Titanium.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/137649-planet-ocean-2016-435mm-titanium-grey-dial/