GingerApple

Thoughts? Decent? Take it out back and put it out of its misery?

GingerApple

It was just suggested to me that I buy a watch from the year of my first child's birth as a nice memento. Well, any excuse to buy a watch, so I jumped on that bandwagon and started browsing through Chrono24 to see what Rolexes are available from 2012.

Whilst happily browsing away, I came upon this one and wondered what your thoughts are. I suspect I know what's coming from you lot, but I think it's sort of fun! 

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/submariner-pepsi-and--diamonds-custommade--id5492142.htm

b8k80o.jpg

palaufreak

I don't think a Rolex submariner pepsi exists. They made a fantasy model with that customisation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

roiex

It looks better to me than most iced out divers, but I probably wouldn't buy it 

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, palaufreak said:

I don't think a Rolex submariner pepsi exists. They made a fantasy model with that customisation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Totally. That's what I like. It's the sub shape we all love, the sub dial we all love, the Pepsi influence we all love with a bit of bling that says, "Yo fuckers, my baby had been born!"

It's growing on me. Unlike my kids.

ShovelnTC

Precious stones are lovely....................................on women's jewelry

bora12

Personally, I think go with something more timeless.  Picture giving this to your son on his wedding day. As funky and unique as this pepsi is, it doesn't really scream heirloom - it's more like "what kind of drugs was my dad doing back in the 2010s?" (I think it's great though)

Understanding that this is simply my opinion on the matter, I'm thinking 114300 or something like that - fancy, understated, and will never go out of style.

That said, you know what kind of dad you are - if you are a funky dad then maybe when you give your son an iced out diver he will think "that is so dad".

Take your time with it my friend. It's an investment for now and an heirloom for later. Make sure you check out watchuseek forums as well as the rolex forums classified section.

Cheers

GingerApple
10 hours ago, bora12 said:

Personally, I think go with something more timeless.  Picture giving this to your son on his wedding day. As funky and unique as this pepsi is, it doesn't really scream heirloom - it's more like "what kind of drugs was my dad doing back in the 2010s?" (I think it's great though)

Understanding that this is simply my opinion on the matter, I'm thinking 114300 or something like that - fancy, understated, and will never go out of style.

That said, you know what kind of dad you are - if you are a funky dad then maybe when you give your son an iced out diver he will think "that is so dad".

Take your time with it my friend. It's an investment for now and an heirloom for later. Make sure you check out watchuseek forums as well as the rolex forums classified section.

Cheers

Oh gosh, that's a lot of (sensible) stuff to think about! Thanks.

I'm not sure I'd have the balls to buy that one, but I kind of liked it too in a weird way - I'm normally very anti-bling.

I'm just surprised it hasn't been more badly abused on here!

Cdenim

I can't believe i'm saying this... fuckin growing on me too. Its really not me, but would i wear it.......urrrrrr....ummmmmm.ahhhhhh. yea, would. 

MetalMickey

No, no, no, no no.

How+About+No.jpg

Dusk

Buy a normal sub or Pepsi GMT that's ghey 

shadowmite

I like the look, but it’s certainly blingy if you’re not wanting that sort of thing. Personally I bought a mans wedding band with diamonds so I’m into that a bit. But as a replica I think bling looses its value. Literally! For a gen it’s certainly something I’d consider.

TimePeace
17 hours ago, bora12 said:

Cheers

Yea... how dare you be such a sensible/responsible fucka!?

bora12
Yea... how dare you be such a sensible/responsible fucka!?
Lol =) it was my suggestion to buy a gen from his child's birth year after all. I know it is not an original idea, but my boy bubba is itching to buy a gen, I was just trying to put some significance behind it so that he makes the right choice. Buying a rep you don't love is one thing, buying a $10k gen is another.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TimePeace
Lol =) it was my suggestion to buy a gen from his child's birth year after all. I know it is not an original idea, but my boy bubba is itching to buy a gen, I was just trying to put some significance behind it so that he makes the right choice. Buying a rep you don't love is one thing, buying a $10k gen is another.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Mate, I don’t think you got my comment. I totally agree with you!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

bora12
1 hour ago, TimePeace said:

Mate, I don’t think you got my comment. I totally agree with you!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I totally understood my friend :) Just furthering my explanation

BustaPart
10 hours ago, Cdenim said:

I can't believe i'm saying this... fuckin growing on me too. Its really not me, but would i wear it.......urrrrrr....ummmmmm.ahhhhhh. yea, would. 

Haha. 

greg_r

cleese_no.gif

GingerApple
2 hours ago, greg_r said:

cleese_no.gif

Who are you!!?! What do you even know about watches!!!!

Oh..... you're the boss dude..... oh......

jpohl402
On 1/13/2018 at 18:07, GingerBubba said:

Totally. That's what I like. It's the sub shape we all love, the sub dial we all love, the Pepsi influence we all love with a bit of bling that says, "Yo fuckers, my baby had been born!"

It's growing on me. Unlike my kids.

Now THAT was funny!!

With that said, I see your reasoning/viewpoint. If you like it, I definitely support it! Especially if it’s a unique/semi-custom and means something TO YOU. Get it and have that memento!

It’s not something I would personally ever buy, for a number of reasons:

1. I prob wouldn’t ever buy a Gen Rolex, period.

2. I’m not even a fan of Rolex, really.

3. I don’t like Subs nor their case.

4. I don’t like Pepsi GMTs.

5. I don’t like diamonds. At all.

That said, I can see the appeal/attraction of those things, so I respect those qualities! Let us know if you get it!

PS. Congrats I too have a 2012-born first born!! :)

Buglicker

That's one step away from the Gaytona..

How about a 2012 Yachtmaster?

Rolex-YACHT-MASTER-Blue-Dial-Baselworld-

amptor

Why not get a datejust?  Or better yet, a family heirloom watch, a Patek Phillipe (and no, Nautalus, no. old man's watch lol).

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Buglicker said:

That's one step away from the Gaytona.

Of course! The Gaytona!!!!! How could I have thought of anything else!!!!!!

The Gaytona it is!

Buglicker
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Of course! The Gaytona!!!!! How could I have thought of anything else!!!!!!

The Gaytona it is!

I was joking.... But you’re right, it’s the perfect heirloom to leave an eldest son! If I had the cash I’d buy one for my son and make him wear it!

And it was released 2012

http://www.watchalyzer.com/baselworld/baselworld-2012/rolex-introduced-nine-new-models/

RepTime
On 14-1-2018 at 14:29, Dusk said:

Buy a normal sub or Pepsi GMT that's ghey 

Have too agree with this. If you wanna go with the "pepsi'' colourway I'd say go with the Pepsi/Pan Am GMT.
But It's up to you ofcourse,

GingerApple
56 minutes ago, Buglicker said:

I was joking.... But you’re right, it’s the perfect heirloom to leave an eldest son! If I had the cash I’d buy one for my son and make him wear it!

And it was released 2012

http://www.watchalyzer.com/baselworld/baselworld-2012/rolex-introduced-nine-new-models/

£150k approximately. I might leave it for now.