GingerApple

Thoughts? Decent? Take it out back and put it out of its misery?

markmarky

Don't do it if you are serious!!!

manodeoro
It was just suggested to me that I buy a watch from the year of my first child's birth as a nice memento. Well, any excuse to buy a watch, so I jumped on that bandwagon and started browsing through Chrono24 to see what Rolexes are available from 2012.

Whilst happily browsing away, I came upon this one and wondered what your thoughts are. I suspect I know what's coming from you lot, but I think it's sort of fun! 

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/submariner-pepsi-and--diamonds-custommade--id5492142.htm

b8k80o.jpg&key=8ef94f35016b59a9ce04a0a938faea910340f69620a6e04f36dd317bfe2a47a4

If I may ...

What I would do as a memento is :

1 - try to guess what my child would like to wear when in his/her 18ies or 20ies

2 - buy the watch and keep it aside ... just checking it works from time to time

3 - pass it to him/her 18 or 20 years later, just saying "I'm happy you're here"

That's the hardest thing to do ... guessing what he/she would be happy to wear.

Did that for my grandson ... he'll probably be a shorty but he already has f.cking thick wrists so I bought a Pam ... Hope he will like it.

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

Joyjoyk

Too bad he wasn't born in 2014.. would be an amazing excuse to buy a 116600.. sounds like prices are increasing even as we speak! I wish I had an excuse like that :notworthy: