Sign in to follow this  
WatchMe007

One rep from each of your ten favorite watch brands

WatchMe007

I am looking to assemble a dream stable of the finest example reps I can find. One from each of maybe ten brands.

Rolex, Panerai, Hublot, Chopard, AP, IWC, Breitling, and who else? Add 3 more.

I want "authenticity" and quality. Best that can be had. I have 2 Gen Rolex watches, and frankly I have a rep that appears to me to be just as a fine an instrument. I am not willing to spend more than $750 for an individual watch again. (never say never. LOL)

Let's start with the first 5. Can you give me very specific examples to acquire?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

amuthon

Omega: Ploprof V2

Plopp_first_try9.jpg

myaz

3 extra brand could be Cartier, Breguet ant Patek

pfcdre
I am looking to assemble a dream stable of the finest example reps I can find. One from each of maybe ten brands.

Rolex, Panerai, Hublot, Chopard, AP, IWC, Breitling, and who else? Add 3 more.

I want "authenticity" and quality. Best that can be had. I have 2 Gen Rolex watches, and frankly I have a rep that appears to me to be just as a fine an instrument. I am not willing to spend more than $750 for an individual watch again. (never say never. LOL)

Let's start with the first 5. Can you give me very specific examples to acquire?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

what no omega disapointed

baruch

Oke here we go.

First is the breitling skyland avenger, BK's submariners and yachtmasters, audmar piguet royal oak safari, vacheron constantin overseas, patek philippe nautilus (MBK). Hope this will helps you.

Also can you post your genuine rolies :)

Greets, baruch

Stormcrow

I've read Breitling SOH v2 is very close to gen.

As well as the Cartier Santos.

WatchMe007
Oke here we go.

First is the breitling skyland avenger, BK's submariners and yachtmasters, audmar piguet royal oak safari, vacheron constantin overseas, patek philippe nautilus (MBK). Hope this will helps you.

Greets, baruch

Before I had a chance to handle a really nice rep and caught this disease, I had two watches. One casual and one dress. Not crazy. Both stainless and moderately priced as rollies go. Explorer II has been in for service once when it stopped keeping time at year 5. Authorized service was $500 if I remember correctly. I will take some actual pics when I get a chance.

Gens (each bought new)

1997 Explorer II white face (Every day)

2005 Stainless datejust with jubilee bracelet 16234 with roman numerals (dress watch)

picture.JPG

497_Rolex_ExplorerII_White_Dial.JPG

Edited by WatchMe007

Member X

+1

I started a super-reps thread somewhere, see if you can find it and have a look!

WatchMe007

+1

I started a super-reps thread somewhere, see if you can find it and have a look!

Just ordered a BK DSSD.

Now I have to look into this Skyland Avenger....

baruch
Oke here we go.

Greets, baruch

Before I had a chance to handle a really nice rep and caught this disease, I had two watches. One casual and one dress. Not crazy. Both stainless and moderately priced as rollies go. Explorer II has been in for service once when it stopped keeping time at year 5. Authorized service was $500 if I remember correctly. I will take some actual pics when I get a chance.

Gens (each bought new)

1997 Explorer II white face (Every day)

OEWWWWW that datejust is gorgious, the bezel colour and the roman numerals :D

2005 Stainless datejust with jubilee bracelet 16234 with roman numerals (dress watch)

picture.JPG

497_Rolex_ExplorerII_White_Dial.JPG

pollux1

IWC? 3717 v2 is a super rep in my book.

Inushuk

Pam 288K

jrodshibuya

Breguet and Patek Philippe would be good, but there aren't any even close to being considered 'super-reps'.

David543

Great comments from other members above. I would default to add to your collection with a Patek, Breguet and Cartier. Breitling Super Avenger used to have a 'superrep' status.

BK is good move for the Rolex. I have Mary looking for new ceramic TT sub and she says there is significant chromatic aberation on the bezel and that the ceramic bezel is really only available from this factory so she wouldn't get one.

If you want two tone, I would get wrapped 14k as that is a thicker coating than just 'plated'.

I would suggest Hublot Kingpower F1. High end $350 ish reps are very good and as the gen is over £9.5k worth getting as rep.

Omega - you may be better off just getting a second hand one of these as they are not that much more than a new rep and the movements (co-axial) are fantastic. Actually its the movement quality and innovation on these I like though I don't have one.

To be different, I wanted something with innovative materials, Ceramic for durability. Gen second hand Rado from £695, or you can get a good rep for £70. If Cartier appealed, J21 ceramic is good (I bought white for my daughter). At £68, such good value and there are so many different variations, a dealer would find it difficult to spot.

Good Luck! B)

Edited by David543