Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai 233 GMT 8 days

greg_r
The quartz second hand can be adjusted by you. I think what you do is unscrew or pull out the crown in the first or second position (I can't remember which). Then press on the top pusher (I think). It will advance the second hand. Tony told me how to do this when I bought a cheapie Montblanc from him.

Oh - thanks, Doc! I'll give that a try :P

Edit: Second position on the crown. Top pusher. Worked like a dream. Thanks again, Doc! I guess I better put a decent strap on it now.... :P

Drhulee

I know that this topic is a bit out of date, but so are most of the other Panerai threads :notworthy:, so I guess it shouldn't make a difference.

I remember seeing a rep of this model in which there was an attempt to get the movement right (the three barrel one), and the result was pretty good. Have any more of these reps come out with the newer repped movements?

greg_r
I know that this topic is a bit out of date, but so are most of the other Panerai threads :notworthy:, so I guess it shouldn't make a difference.

I remember seeing a rep of this model in which there was an attempt to get the movement right (the three barrel one), and the result was pretty good. Have any more of these reps come out with the newer repped movements?

Nope - this is still the latest and greatest version of the 233 as far as I'm aware.

You'll find that there's quite a lot of PAM talk around here, but bear in mind we're a fairly young board - we've only been running since last November (we had to re-create the forum after the original version died), so we haven't caught up with the other forums yet :thumbsup:

Lots of PAM lovers around on here, though - myself included :D

Drhulee

Have you seen the movement I'm talking about? I just found it again on RG, if you're a member here's the link It's far from perfect, but it's a good first try.

greg_r
Have you seen the movement I'm talking about? I just found it again on RG, if you're a member here's the link It's far from perfect, but it's a good first try.

Yup - I've seen the movement. I believe it was a tad problematic, but I agree - I'd certainly like to see a new version of it fitted to the current 233/270.

Drhulee

Yup - I've seen the movement. I believe it was a tad problematic, but I agree - I'd certainly like to see a new version of it fitted to the current 233/270.

It was probably a factory prototype in which they used too many parts and/or screws, making it too crowded in there :notworthy: I bet if they start using thinner plates and fake screws they'll be able to pull it off.

greg_r

It was probably a factory prototype in which they used too many parts and/or screws, making it too crowded in there :notworthy: I bet if they start using thinner plates and fake screws they'll be able to pull it off.

I sure hope so - I'd be very eager to pick one up when and if they produce something like that...

wat44

whats the closest PVD version to this?

greg_r

I don't think there IS a PVD model in this case - at least not that's been repped.

PeteM

I know have seen a PVD case set to fit when I was looking to do a build of the 233.

It was probably Getatwatch or Jacksontse actually just thought it could of been eBay posted as a 44mm Navy pilot watch