GingerApple

It's not the length that counts, it's the girth...

GingerApple

I was chatting to a friend the other day who works in a Patek Philippe boutique/AD.

My friend has sold Pateks for years, trained with top auction houses before that, been on tonnes of  Patek's courses etc - essentially, my friend knows  his shit and loves watches generally.

I was chatting about the ARF Sea-dweller I was wearing and asking whether it looks too big because I've only got teeny wrists (6" and change). He said that it looked fine (which is what I always thought too) and said that it's not so much the size of the wrist that affects which watches look good on people, but the shape of their wrist; is the wrist fairly round/oval or has it got a more squashed profile with a longer flat bit on  which the watch sits etc.

Apparently I've got a wrist shape that will suit most watches - which is  kind of what my recent experience has told me anyway. I've got watches that I've seen people say don't suit them because their eg, 7.5" wrist is too small, and yet I'm there rocking the same watch and looking (IMO)  fucking awesome with my teeny little wrists.

My friend said that sometimes people will come into the AD with an acquaintance, the potential buyer will try on a certain watch that will look shit on him, but the friend will try it on for a laugh and look awesome in it, even with virtually identical wrist sizes; just with a different profile.

I just thought I'd share the info if case you've read a thread saying a watch you love won't suit your wrist size when in actual fact, you may have the wrist shape that suits it, so give it a go!

domsdaddy123

The whole wrist size thing is complete and utter rubbish. Its completely subjective what you think looks good and what doesnt. How high and tight or loose and low you like to wear your watch or how big or small a case you prefer. Its all in your head and what suits your eye. I have over 8 inch wrists and I wear 36mm DJ's as well as huge 48mm Super Avengers. I love both big and small pieces and think small and thin Pateks look great as well as huge monster pieces. My tastes range from wearing loose, almost dangling bracelet sized pieces to tight, wrist squeezing styles, totally depends on my mood. 

Don't let anyone tell you whats "right or wrong" its all personal taste and style. If it looks good to you and makes you happy, wear it. Watches arent shoes. Your watch doesn't have to "fit" your wrist like a shoe fits your foot. As long as it looks good to you and feels right, just wear it...

Just my 2 cents...

PlanetZoom

Wrist shape definitely makes a difference in how the watch sits.

Psssniper

Totally agree Dom...

8 7/8" wrist here, this baby just fits !

hrM8KNX.jpgjGcZ3Aw.jpg

black263

Nice  homage to aircraft clock.  How does it look under a shirt cuff?

Dusk
49 minutes ago, black263 said:

:rofl:

rschaal
2 hours ago, Psssniper said:

Totally agree Dom...

hrM8KNX.jpgjGcZ3Aw.jpg

that´s what i call Slim fit ;-)

RepTime
2 hours ago, Psssniper said:

Totally agree Dom...

hrM8KNX.jpgjGcZ3Aw.jpg

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Mr_B
3 hours ago, Psssniper said:

Totally agree Dom...

hrM8KNX.jpgjGcZ3Aw.jpg

:rofl:

Psssniper
9 hours ago, black263 said:

I only wear wife beaters and daisy dukes

Griffo

I have 6.5” wrists, but flat, so big watches still looo awesome :)

rek001

I agree with the OP - I have 6.5" wrist but narrow and deep, not flat. So Pams completely swamp my wrist - I wear them but they look like platters. 

Also I don't agree with what some people say about wearing what you like and don't worry how it looks. Seen plenty wrists in which the lugs were overhanging the wrist, the watch just looked way too big, and made a slim wrist seem even slimmer. It looked like a kid wearing dad's watch.

HAZZA

After the pub a man could do some damage if he were to give a gal a little slap and tickle with that on!