Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow

EDIT: Help, I broke it!

Stormcrow

EDIT: I broke a spring bar while trying to change the bracelet size, I highly recommended buying a spring bar tool/claw and doing it properly.

(p.s. if you need a spring bar in the UK - 16mm*1.5mm, i will most likly have one spare, will send it over free - inspired by Eiderdaus's kind offer of sending me one free)

I've been trying to chnage the braclet size on watch myself... would like some advice please.

I have a DJII. Problems with bracelet size. Taking one link out make it too small.

However I noticed you can change the size on the clasp itself.

I think ive got halfway, how do I actually move down to the next little circle indent? (see pictures)

Thanks ;)

WAISb.jpg

iho3H.jpg

EDIT: resized images

Edited by Stormcrow

pollux1

I gave my DJII to my sister so I don't have it to hand but if there is a hole on the side of the clasp poke it with a pin or something which will release the little spring bar and move it to the next "hole".

If you don't have anything to poke it with then any local "watchguy" could do it for you for a nominal fee, also I can't remember off hand gut there looks to be a half link on that bracelet so you could adjust that too? Hope this is of some help. ;)

Stormcrow

Thank you for your reply Pollux.

There are no holes no the side of the clasp... thats the problem.

The half link you see kind of folds over and clicks into place, so not really a half link.

Bit stuck really... could do with it being a little less tight.

pollux1
Thank you for your reply Pollux.

There are no holes no the side of the clasp... thats the problem.

The half link you see kind of folds over and clicks into place, so not really a half link.

Bit stuck really... could do with it being a little less tight.

Might be best to take it to a mall guy and have him adjust it. Otherwise look into buying some fine screwdrivers etc. ;)

Stormcrow

I have many fine scredrivers (I do phone repairs)

I've been able to remove links quite eaisly. was just thinking about some more smaller adjustments.

Drhulee

Buy one of those claw shaped tools on ebay or watch part site, makes these types of adjustments much easier. Something like this one, but I'm sure they are available for around $5.

KBH

If you open the half link all the way out, the ends of the spring bars become visible. Then, it's just like taking out a spring bar.

DSCN4432.jpg

Stormcrow

Oops! I broke the spring bar! Help....

Mbl2H.jpg

Thanks KBH for that link...

I need to buy another spring bar too, guess that a week or so without the watch :P

is 20mm the right size? Thanks

KBH

Uh oh! You may some trouble finding one of those. It measures about 16 mm though.

Eiderdaus

got one spare pm me

got one spare pm me

Stormcrow
Uh oh! You may some trouble finding one of those. It measures about 6 mm though.

Appears to be 20mm? Or am I measuring totally the wrong thing? I've found them on ebay...but not sure if they are 20mm*1.5mm or 20mm*1.2mm?

got one spare pm me

got one spare pm me

Thank you for your kind offer Eiderdaus, PM sent :P!

KBH

20 mm is correct for the bracelet end links to the case. Not for the one in my picture. Maybe I'm misunderstanding which one you broke.

Stormcrow
20 mm is correct for the bracelet end links to the case. Not for the one in my picture. Maybe I'm misunderstanding which one you broke.

I broke the one in your pic, the one under the half link... purchased the claw tool off ebay!

Do you know if the are 1.2mm or 1.5mm?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/watchshop_uk/m.html...1.c0.m270.l1313

KBH

It's 1.5mm and the opening that it goes in is 16mm (not 6 as I accidentally said).

Eiderdaus

storm, it' not 20mm springbar as kbh said. this one is shorter that i will send to you, i got it from a spare clasp, so it might be the correct one. i would not buy buy the 20mm on bay since they are for the endlinks

Stormcrow
storm, it' not 20mm springbar as kbh said. this one is shorter that i will send to you, i got it from a spare clasp, so it might be the correct one. i would not buy buy the 20mm on bay since they are for the endlinks

Found a 16mm * 1.5 mm ...

Its from the same seller who has the claw tool which i need to buy, and I was thinking of buying 2, incase I break another while putting it in! haha

I would be grateful if you could confirm 16*1.5 is the right size?

Member X

Can you get the broken one against a ruler? Will give a fair indication of length / diameter :thumbsup2:

Stormcrow
Can you get the broken one against a ruler? Will give a fair indication of length / diameter :)

Thanks X, they're 16mm.

It appears 1.5mm is too thin though... it doesnt latch on... when the half clip folds over

KBH

When I tried measuring it, it looked like about 1.6 roughly. But I have no idea where to buy one. I'll try to get an accurate measurement.

OK, here's the best I can do without a micrometer:

DSCN4712.jpg

Looks like 1.8 mm to me

Stormcrow

Thanks KBH,

I've got hold of 1.5mm ones, might just try wrapping a bit of tape around them?

Stormcrow
When I tried measuring it, it looked like about 1.6 roughly. But I have no idea where to buy one. I'll try to get an accurate measurement.

OK, here's the best I can do without a micrometer:

DSCN4712.jpg

Looks like 1.8 mm to me

Those calipers remind me of science classes at school!

haha thank you,

will order 1.8mm.

(I have 3 16mm*1.5mm for free if anyone wants them)

MikeMcNair

i have a DSSD glidelock assembly (the WHOLE clasp, with 2 divers extensions) if you can use any of the parts from it, or want it let me know.