Dusk

An observation RWG/ RWI m2m

Dusk

I've sold a few watches on here since RWI went down and although the m2m section is slower for sure it also has a lot of plus points over RWI.

1. It's virtually devoid of thread crappers
  2. Low balling seems less common
  3. Time wasters are rare
  4. Less sketchy arseholes in general

No way a slur on RWI which is a huge forum with all sorts of people but this just seems a nicer place to trade because its smaller and more personal perhaps. 

The moaners should sign up to VIP and buy and sell on here as well as RWI when it comes back.

Happy Friday!

Chiquita Fanjita

Well said mate.  We're a lovely bunch here :D  Well, most of us :lol: 

RUSH2112

A lot less “modifications” that drive up the price here.  I check rwi m2m regularly and don’t see bargains.  Quite common to find bargains here.

yllekp
42 minutes ago, Dusk said:

I've sold a few watches on here since RWI went down and although the m2m section is slower for sure it also has a lot of plus points over RWI.

3. Time wasters are rare

No way a slur on RWI which is a huge forum with all sorts of people but this just seems a nicer place to trade because its smaller and more personal perhaps. 

The moaners should sign up to VIP and buy and sell on here as well as RWI when it comes back.

Happy Friday!

Lol coming from a RWI mod I have to agree. Some of the thread crapping is over the top on RWI and causes us nothing but headaches. Unfortunately the sales area is so busy we just cannot catch them all.  

black263
18 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Well said mate.  We're a lovely bunch here :D  Well, most of us :lol: 

Glad you said most of us.  I wouldn't want to be tarred with that description. 

Chiquita Fanjita

19 minutes ago, black263 said:

Glad you said most of us.  I wouldn't want to be tarred with that description. 

:lol:

Dusk
32 minutes ago, yllekp said:

Lol coming from a RWI mod I have to agree. Some of the thread crapping is over the top on RWI and causes us nothing but headaches. Unfortunately the sales area is so busy we just cannot catch them all.  

You are definitely at the sharp end mate I dont envy you! :D

TBG

I just wish I didn't have to climb post-count mountain again to actually sell.

black263
1 hour ago, TBG said:

I just wish I didn't have to climb post-count mountain again to actually sell.

You don't.  All you have to do is join as a VIP as you've already met the other requirements.  You can then sell multiples, and you will have access to our Subscriber's only section with lots more benefits.

TBG
3 minutes ago, black263 said:

You don't.  All you have to do is join as a VIP as you've already met the other requirements.  You can then sell multiples, and you will have access to our Subscriber's only section with lots more benefits.

I hadn't noticed this, that's probably the route to go for sure! I re-read the sales rules 5 times and every time I though there was a post count threshold for VIP as well

MetalMickey
8 hours ago, Dusk said:

3. Time wasters are rare

Happy Friday!

Agreed. 

This is my favourite place to buy and sell. 

ShovelnTC

Most of my sales have been here and most have been to known/regular contributing members (no timewasting) which hasn't been the case on other forums.

Narc8

You’d be surprised at the very good deals I’ve snatched here.

black263
3 minutes ago, TBG said:

I hadn't noticed this, that's probably the route to go for sure! I re-read the sales rules 5 times and every time I though there was a post count threshold for VIP as well

1. ELIGIBILITY:-

• VIP/Supporters with a minimum of 30 days membership are free to post items for sale. Multiple sales threads or multiple items per thread are permitted.

andyboy
15 minutes ago, TBG said:

and less likely to get nuked by a nasty moderator :lol:

MetalMickey
13 minutes ago, andyboy said:

and less likely to get nuked by a nasty moderator :lol:

Or a nice one like @andyboy :asslick:

BadPickle
8 hours ago, Dusk said:

3. Time wasters are rare

Happy Friday!

:clap: 

well said mate 

yllekp

When I am selling on RWI I put a condition in that if you say "I'll take it" funds must be received within the hour of me giving PP details. Most people pay within minutes.  I also usually end up selling to people I know well and have had multiple deals with. 

But as seller I have come across many time wasters on RWI my descriptions are generally bang on but you still get the weirdest questions. Basically some people want a gen for rep money and have not bothered their bottoms to research stuff before hand. 

As a Mod I have certainly come across many timewasters over there it sours the sales section for experienced sellers. 

Junior88

I'm pretty new to this hobby, and I purchased my first M2M watch this week. 

I've seen quite a few bargains, to be honest. More often than not it isn't something I'm interested in, and when something I AM interested in comes up it disappears real quick. 

You've gotta be fast on the M2M purchases here. They don't last long, and it appears to me at least to be for good reason. 

RussP

I'm surprised to discover that so many of you are RWI mods masquerading as RWG members.

Perhaps our mods should consider giving you guys a special coloured title, to ensure that you're not treated as noobs by the rest of us less-informed members ?

Just a suggestion........

ShovelnTC

The main thing to remember on any forum is that if you are selling a 116610 Sub then you are going to get a whole bunch of stupid questions, new members, low ballers and disapearing buyers right after you give them your PP details.:facepalm:

paccbet
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

Most of my sales have been here and most have been to known/regular contributing members (no timewasting) which hasn't been the case on other forums.

Agreed, no weird questions like "waterproof or lumeshots?" then ghosting you .  A lot of tire kickers next door for sure sorry to say..

Xpletiv

I think that list pertains to much of this site in general.

Left Coast Guy

RWG is definitely my home forum, but the Sales section is a mixed bag.  I'd agree with the points here, but at the same point, there are just less eyes on the M2M section here so it can be harder to sell stuff here and certainly harder to find stuff to buy, if you're after something specific. Whereas there is a constant flow over at RWI.....with all the good and bad that comes with that...

Low ballers over on RWI are the worst. Or I guess more to say, the guys who just troll the M2M section, don't participate at all, and just constantly lob in basement offers are the worst.   I'm always amazed when folks lob in a bid $100+ below asking within 5 minutes  of posting the watch For Sale......then follow-up 2-3 times when I don't respond to their garbage offer.  And to be perfectly clear, there is no exaggeration there whatsoever.....I've had guys offer $100 for a watch listed at $250 (and ended up selling for full price)

yllekp
23 minutes ago, RussP said:

I'm surprised to discover that so many of you are RWI mods masquerading as RWG members.

Perhaps our mods should consider giving you guys a special coloured title, to ensure that you're not treated as noobs by the rest of us less-informed members ?

Just a suggestion........

Nah it would ruin the surprise if someone did treat us as noobs lol.