Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

where to source better rep or gen dial for PO?

kolchak

Just got a good deal on this left over 45.5 mm 2836 PO from Robert. The ss bracelet is nicer quality then my budget PO & like it so much I'd like to upgrade the dial. Pardon the noob question but is there anywhere to secure a better rep or gen dial and someone to install? Not overly concenred with matching gen& would realy like a blue dial with the "wave" patten but. Would it even fit and/or look odd.

thanks much for any words of wisdon or flat out guesses.

IMAG0506.jpg

Frankt8242

I'm curious.....

I have seen dozens of posts throughout the rep fora, about replacing these dials with gen's, and I can honestly state that I have YET to see any significant improvement in the overall appearance of the dials, except maybe for the "happy feet" issue...

Why would one spend several hundred dollars to replace these dials, hands, and crystals...And yes...even HE valve crowns, only to have a watch that in essence looks remarkably like the one you started out with..???

I've been wearing my ancient(5yr old) first gen 45.5mmPO for ages, and the only critique I've EVER had from a stranger was from a gent wearing a gen, who complimented me on my choice in watches!!...

and BTW...although I look like a "newbie"here, I've been actively around these rep fora since @ 2006.....

Edited by Frankt8242