Sign in to follow this  
WatchMe007

GMT Master II Gen function

WatchMe007

I recently received a "Pro Hunter" GMT Master II I ordered from a non trusted dealer before I found this place.

A Gen GMT allows you to set the hour and 24 hour hands independently. My rep, sadly, does not. I might do a demo video because I am pretty sure my Gen Explorer II allows the hour hand to move independently.

My new rep only does the following:

Unscrew to access winding position. First click out to do the date. Next position adjusts the minute and hour hands. It appears that the is no way to set the 24 hour hand, which means that close examination shows I don't know how to properly set the watch. LOL. Any tips?

Is there a GMT rep that provides the Gen function?

What does this say about the movement that is inside my rep?

Guys, this is the last "noob purchase" story...I promise. Looking to get a BK DSSD as we speak.money interested in Super Reps moving forward.

Edited by WatchMe007

GC

my GMTiiC allows for independent setting while in the first click position. turning the crown one direction advances the date while turning in the opposite direction allows for gmt hand setting...try it and let us know.

Del
my GMTiiC allows for independent setting while in the first click position. turning the crown one direction advances the date while turning in the opposite direction allows for gmt hand setting...try it and let us know.

Mine too.

alistairw

Mine too,

Timeshops have a special on at the moment,for a GMT11C v3, the Independant hand will work on this one, check the Trusted Dealer area as well as feed back.

This is the link

http://www.timeshops.net/category.php?id_category=215

jrodshibuya

I have the Timesshop one and it's great. GMT moves independently as the others have described.

ocram

On my wife's gen 16710 you can't set the GMT hand but the hour hand. It jumps from hour to hour.

But you can't set the date, and that's sometimes a pita :)

WatchMe007
I have the Timesshop one and it's great. GMT moves independently as the others have described.

I'll try when I get home from biz trip.

Just ordered a BK DSSD, BTW. The anticipation will be relished.

Alexander69

In the Gen GMT, the first click allows to set the date using the hour hand and allows to set the GMT hour. The GMT hand is not indip. adjustable.

WatchMe007

it works! Cool!

Thanks, everyone. This place is great.