Sign in to follow this  
jameo210369

New watch for stag night out "help"

jameo210369

Right guys, I want to pick your minds, I want suggestions with pics or links.

I am going to one of my best friends stag night (a day at the races) and I want a real classy looking watch, I will see old friends from 20 years ago and I want a stunning watch.

1, Stainless steel bracelet

2, Black / Grey dial

3, Up to $500

Come on guys, NOT A ROLEX

oscarmadfish
IMG_0074.jpg

sconehead

BCE V3 (also known as V2 ultimate with updated datefont) graphite dial, really classy looking, readily available and fairly cheap. I still consider it my best unmodded rep. :rolleyes: Here's a pic...

p1020550c.th.jpg

What's going on with the FA swapping the ref for tomorrow, it stinks... :rolleyes:

jameo210369

Nice choice Oscar, I use to have a Chrono Evo with the graphite dial.

oscarmadfish

rumours the ref was utd supporter which was fine with me lol

jameo210369

My wife and daughter are both Evertonian's, I hope you stuff United.

sconehead
rumours the ref was utd supporter which was fine with me lol

One of us will be walking the 'trail of tears' tomorrow Oscar...hope it's not me...get some hankies :rolleyes:

greg_r

Panerai Daylight PAM250. $325 at watcheden but drop Robert (Time4Direct) a line to see if he's got 'em first.

pam250.jpg

jameo210369

Love the Pam250 Greg, I have never dealt with watcheden are they ok???

greg_r

Yup - Tony and Sarah are good people - I've bought 5 or 6 from them and always had great service. There's always a $20 discount voucher on their website - check the top right of the home page.

I'd still drop T4D/PWC a mail first, though - his prices are very competitive.

jameo210369

Thanks Greg, will do.

iabounty

Jameo, see the New Lume from Rex's Workshop thread....... :Talk to the Hand:

Luthier
Panerai Daylight PAM250. $325 at watcheden but drop Robert (Time4Direct) a line to see if he's got 'em first.

quote]

Too overpriced. I can get it for $250. Or less.

But this watch is the best choice, IMO.

jameo210369

I have iabounty, I'm going back to see what I missed.

Who is selling the PAM 250 for less than $250 Luthier??

trailboss99

Ask Luthier very nicely and he'll hook you up Jameo. His girls can find allmost anything cheaper.

Col.

greg_r

... and you wonder why people accuse you of shilling... :Talk to the Hand: (I'm kidding btw, so don't get yer panties in a bunch, okay? :rofl: )

Btw - there's a $20 discount available and that includes shipping - also there's no WU fees to pay, so it's not quite as overpriced as it looks. However, I really only posted the Watcheden link because it was the first photo I found and I agree there are probably better deals out there - hence suggesting that Jameo contact T4D

Like I said in my first post Jameo - do yourself a favour and drop Robert a line - as well as checking out Mary :D

By the way Luthier - have your 'girls' got themselves a website yet and do they yet have an alternative to WU payments?

Luthier

... and you wonder why people accuse you of shilling... :Talk to the Hand: (I'm kidding btw, so don't get yer panties in a bunch, okay? :rofl: )

Btw - there's a $20 discount available and that includes shipping - also there's no WU fees to pay, so it's not quite as overpriced as it looks. However, I really only posted the Watcheden link because it was the first photo I found and I agree there are probably better deals out there - hence suggesting that Jameo contact T4D

Like I said in my first post Jameo - do yourself a favour and drop Robert a line - as well as checking out Mary :D

By the way Luthier - have your 'girls' got themselves a website yet and do they yet have an alternative to WU payments?

http://puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=231

$238, and it mean I can get it for $200. $14 for WU is not a big deal.

http://swissgallory.com/products_detail.asp?Id=776

$248, but discount for our members.

http://www.sinawatches.com/productInfo.asp?id=612

$247, discount for our members.

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/panerai/paneraiswiss_146.htm

Lawrence sells it for $228 with free shipping!!!!!!!

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=714

$229.

My dear friendzz, there's more than 2 dealers in the World, do your homework, please!!!

I can find much more below $250, just I think 5 examples is enuf to prove my point, I guess.

My girl working hard on website and PayPal.

It's not easy to start new business there, being surrounded by wolfs.

Need to hire good watchsmith, rent an office, buy equipment, hire few dealers, warm up contacts with factories, distributors, and satisfy Luthier's (and others) picky demands, all at the same time. Not so easy for single fragile girl.

Luthier
Love the Pam250 Greg, I have never dealt with watcheden are they ok???

I finally realized, why I eventually started to like Panerai.

Rolley is classy dress watch. I mean DD, DJ, and similar models.

Breitlings are pure sporty/purpose watches. I can't imagine BRE with tuxedo or smoking.

PAMs are classy and with some little shadow of sporty look. It fits almost any occasion.

greg_r
My dear friendzz, there's more than 2 dealers in the World, do your homework, please!!!

Yes, do your homework, there's at least two dealers in that list that I wouldn't buy from at ANY price.

I can find much more below $250, just I think 5 examples is enuf to prove my point, I guess.

Like I said, I posted the Watcheden link simply because that was the first photo I found. Do me a favour and try and understand what I'm saying before you dismiss it, okay? :Talk to the Hand:

I dunno what Robert's price would be, but he's particularly good for Panerai - having access to versions that other dealers don't seem to get, which is why I suggested Jameo contact him. By the way, the version Lawrence is listing is on leather not on a bracelet, which could add $50 or more to the price.

By the way, using WU is a lot more expensive from the UK (well over $20) - and it doesn't give you any protection for your payment, which is why I hesitate to use ANY dealer that only accepts WU. Moneygram isn't an option from here either.

My girl working hard on website and PayPal.

Good - let us know when she gets there, okay?

Luthier

Greg, I did NOT dismiss anything and anyone. It was just my 2 cents. With all my do respect to Tony, and especially to Robert. Great guy!!! I, personally, never lock myself to any particular dealer, I bought from a few, and will continue to do it.So, hide your claws, I'm not stepping on your toes.

:Talk to the Hand::):rofl:

I don't know, from whom exactly you'll not buy - I guess we need to start the poll- who is who, and create new "Trusted Dealers List". It's very serious work of art and should be done by professionals only. I'm not the one...yet.

Our old list definitely must be updated.

jameo210369

Thanks for all your help Luthier, sorry this caused an argument between yourself and Greg.

I do agree that our trusted dealer list could be updated, plenty of shills out there.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go for the Pam250.

I'l drop lawrence an email.

onzenuub

Don't buy a Pam, buy a TAG

iabounty

:popcorn:

Whats wrong with Rolex????

3383605776_9cdece2ffa_o.jpg

:)

phaedo

Being a stag night, I would skip the races rubbish and put the $500 for the watch towards the hookers...

jameo210369

Hookers, no way - Phaedo are you my wife???

Onze, what Tag; come on give me an idea.

Iabounty, I am just not a Rolex guy; I could never pull one off.