Sign in to follow this  
vonGluberschmidt

movement guru's.....

vonGluberschmidt

considering a B&R 02

so many choices... chrono 7750, or the regular one with the Asian ETA 2824-2.

my main question is, if I go with a non-chrono is there any 'real' benefit in upgrading to the swiss eta 2836-2 automatic movement 25J 28800bph for $50 or just stick with the asian one?

I have a BR03 with the asian movement and it survived a tour in Afghanistan perfectly, so it's more of a 'what's the difference' question than is it worth it, because I suspect the asian movement will do just fine in the 02.

cheers

d.

greg_r

Personally, i'd go for the non- chrono ( the 7750 isa slightly fragile beast) and stick with the asian clone as if you're buying from anyone other than PWC the chances are that you'll get the asian movement anyhow (few dealers kniw the difference, so rely on what tge factory tells them - and the factiries generally don't care).

vonGluberschmidt

thanks Greg.

I see mixed reviews on the seconds at 3 for the 7750, so that was steering me away really.

the choice now, is to get the trendy RG/PVD model, or stick with simple and get the SS.

My BR03-92 is solid PVD, so wouldn't get something that looks similar, even though they are different shapes......

:lol:

Akira

I have few Asian clones and they work perfectly....and as Greg said, I recall the amount of swiss eta's in GZ is next to nothing.