Sign in to follow this  
jdoe

Where is Ari?

jdoe

Anyone seen or heard from him?

Got a small job 4 him, but no answer on PM.

Alternatively if anyone in the US want a go at restoring this GP I picked up with a lowball offer @ eBay.

If so please advice ASAP, cause I have to pay and provide shipping address pretty soon (I'd say within 24h to not be labelled slooooow payer)

Edited by jdoe

greg_r

hmm - haven't heard from him, but you might like to try email: [email protected]

Del

Greg - I emailed him on that address within the last couple of weeks and got no response. I didn't follow it up.

JohnG

send him to the Gulag!

narikaa

Customer: 'I know this sounds silly but my Grandfather left his watch here to be fixed before he set off to the Great War, is there any chance you might still have it?'

Watchsmith: 'Do you by chance still have the ticket?'

Customer: 'Yes - its what prompted me to come and check'

Watchsmith: 'Righty ho, let me go and check through my old ledgers'

Watchsmith: 'Yes, I found it....itll be ready on Thursday'

jameo210369

At least they still had it.

jdoe

Greg closed him down :lol:

Now, who wants to have a go at that watch?

greg_r

Folks. Just heard that Aris has decided not to work on reps any more. C'est la vie....

Now we need another watchmaker - especially as BL is on sabbatical....

jdoe

Seems to me that the obvious place to look would be> China?

greg_r

Not really - most people are looking for someone local, so we have BL in the UK, there's Domi in Germany (he doesn't have a subforum here, but he's trusted 'next door' at RWI and highly recommended). It would be handy to have someone in the US, and another EU option would be good too. We've approached two U.S. based watchsmiths in the last year or two, but both of them have been so snowed under with work, they haven't felt able to take on any more customers from here. Ideally, therefore, we want someone new to the boards.

Ska

I'd better get practicing then lol!

greg_r

LOL - hell yeah!

KeNnY

+1 me too

narikaa

Not the dreaded Instant Watchsmith Pill

Scourge of replica watch collecting

jdoe
Not really - most people are looking for someone local, so we have BL in the UK, there's Domi in Germany (he doesn't have a subforum here, but he's trusted 'next door' at RWI and highly recommended).

Contact details for Domi? I am waay to faithful to RWG to go next doors.

Scavolas

Francisco in Spain is no longer functioning?

Not really - most people are looking for someone local, so we have BL in the UK, there's Domi in Germany (he doesn't have a subforum here, but he's trusted 'next door' at RWI and highly recommended). It would be handy to have someone in the US, and another EU option would be good too. We've approached two U.S. based watchsmiths in the last year or two, but both of them have been so snowed under with work, they haven't felt able to take on any more customers from here. Ideally, therefore, we want someone new to the boards.

greg_r
Not really - most people are looking for someone local, so we have BL in the UK, there's Domi in Germany (he doesn't have a subforum here, but he's trusted 'next door' at RWI and highly recommended).

Email him at [email protected]

Francisco is still around, but I believe he's offering a smaller range of services than he used to...

jdoe
Francisco is still around, but I believe he's offering a smaller range of services than he used to...

And around where do one find him?

jdoe

And around where do one find him?

I assume he is not the VIP newbie with 4 posts to his name?

Luthier

Yeah, and work on your greencard faster, OK???

:)

Pentax

Hi to all spoke to Aris last week he is swamped with Work and has some family matters going on

he is busy working on Some project for AndyGt and some other members that I know of

I assume as he does not want to make any members angry for any delayed emails or not translating the customers needs well enough as he's English is not that good so I think that it might be stressing him out.

He also told me that he does a lot of Work for AD's so you guys can understand.

I already have some watches sent to him

Pentax
send him to the Gulag!

i think that we should appoint you to Gulag Warden .... :-)

Pentax

Email him at [email protected]

Greg Sorry to Say

I sent Domi My solid Gold President , He Charged me 180 Euros , Left me a hefty Ding on the Case back and the watch Broke again after 1/2 a Month ... Sent it to Aris and Aris told me that the person you last fixed my watch Glued the Dial to the Movement I was not to happy about that and Also he had the watch for 1.5 Months