Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Can this be useful for reps?

wat44

I think it could be VERY useful especially between members - eg buying selling watches, modding, straps, parts, ... maybe we could even think of a way to get dealers to accept

no central authorities to deal with bitcoin website

trailboss99

Looks interesting mate. I'll look at the vids as soon as windoze completes it's weekly 150meg of updates to fix security holes that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Anyone got second hand G5 they wanna sell?

wat44

I havent the faintest idea wat this guy is doing - anyone?.... anyone?

turnipz

I think you get an encrypted value that you decrypt and it equals money, not sure why someone would trade in a currency that allows this, maybe someone can spread some light.

Cynikal.Mindset

looks like a lot of goddamn work for what its worth

wat44

I think the idea is that if you think about the journey from Barter to currency we have gone through...

then, how the central authorities have debased fiat money especially after the end of bretton woods

so, if you can have a trusted "currency" that is not able to be printed endlessly, people can swap goods and services using this currency

how these guys do it, Im not sure of

wat44

Gavin Andresen, Principal of the BitCoin Virtual Currency Project, talks with EconTalk host Russ Roberts about BitCoin, an innovative attempt to create a decentralized electronic currency. Andresen explains the origins of BitCoin, how new currency gets created, how you can acquire BitCoins and the prospects for BitCoin's future. Can it compete with government-sanctioned money? How can users trust it? What threatens BitCoin and how might it thrive?

interview link

Baldrick
Gavin Andresen, Principal of the BitCoin Virtual Currency Project, talks with EconTalk host Russ Roberts about BitCoin, an innovative attempt to create

......a complex technology based cash cow that will make Gavin Andresen and the other principals of Bitcoin massively wealthy billionaires, whilst the rest of us lemons struggle to embrace, keep pace with and interpret the complexities contained therein B) :blink:

It'll never take off, it might be understood by Second Life techno-geeks, financial whizz-kids smelling another scamming opportunity, ( remember the old adage, 'what one man invents, another man can turn to his robbery based mentality advantage ), so, the guy that fixes my plumbing or tends my garden will duck for cover as soon as the first shot is fired his way JMO, BIKIR.

Drhulee

Hmmm, just think of all the money laundering opportunities that will introduce if it catches on. :blink:

wat44

Well I haven't got a clue how it works, but I opened an acc anyway

Baldrick
I havent the faintest idea wat this guy is doing - anyone?.... anyone?

Looks very simple and straightforward, I'm in :blink:

trailboss99
Hmmm, just think of all the money laundering opportunities that will introduce if it catches on. B)

I'm listening . . . . . . . . :blink:

trailboss99

WTF? On that list of sites that take BC is a heroin wholesaler!

Mr Brownstone Worldwide opiate supply, heroin, china white etc, ships internationally and discreetly

KeNnY

You are making money from thin air ???? What are you hashing ? SKYNET ?

greg_r
veryinteresting.jpg

Baldrick

A lot of very well known names on that list......:blink:

jdoe
veryinteresting.jpg

For stupid, I don't think you can beat this:

Un_dollar_us.jpg

wat44

libertarians (like me) like the idea that no authorities can interfere with the new "money"!

good for criminals too!

jdoe

and for money there's no way you'll beat this

d_240_01.jpg

However, if anyone want to send me a bitcoin or two> 1DBKnAMWEuNqcXVtCrphJDcScfXYieScwG

trailboss99
and for money there's no way you'll beat this

d_240_01.jpg

However, if anyone want to send me a bitcoin or two> 1DBKnAMWEuNqcXVtCrphJDcScfXYieScwG

Yup, in gold we trust.

wat44

hmmm - ive been "generating coins" since I posted, and I have "118957 blocks" wat ever the hell that means - 0.00 bitcoins is my balance

am I actually generating I wonder?

greg_r
For stupid, I don't think you can beat this:

Un_dollar_us.jpg

Maybe not, but at least you can buy groceries or pay the gas bill with it, which is more than you can do with 'bitcoin', which appears to be an overly complex version of monopoly money... :clap:

wat44

Im not dismissing it until I understand it

Dendo

SEIGNIORAGE

Most of the Mint's revenue comes from seigniorage, which is the difference between the face value of its coins and the cost of making them.

Whoever makes a new currency will gain seigniorage. Wonderful way of literally making money.

Problem is acceptance of this virtual currency.

As I understand it, the 'gold' that backs up a coin is a software solution to a problem. Now this is crazy. These 'geeks' are taking themselves too seriously and totally losing the plot.