NDJ

Zodiac Sea Dragon

NDJ

Does anyone make a replica of the Zodiac Sea Dragon?
I considered buying the genuine but it seems to be no longer available for sale new, and the couple of pre-owned ones on Ebay are from sellers that won't ship to Australia. :(

ZODIAC_SEA_DRAGON_DIALS6

Thommo82

You are not a total Noob, yet you seem to be making a total Noob mistake.

My advice, email a couple TD’s about the watch. If they can’t get it, it doesn’t exist.

That site only has pictures of gen watches, ordering from them would be more risky that using a Bee hive as a boxing bag whilst naked 

Jibuti
42 minutes ago, NDJ said:

won't ship to Australia

they will, just mention Thommo as reference.....

Wriggles

Unlikely to be repped, and you should know by now that if the TD's can't get them they're not there. There are some low price gens repped, however they'd be mass market watches such as seiko or G-shocks, but this is not one of those and since they're reasonably affordable it's unlikely you'll find any

Thommo82
6 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Unlikely to be repped, and you should know by now that if the TD's can't get them they're not there. There are some low price gens repped, however they'd be mass market watches such as seiko or G-shocks, but this is not one of those and since they're reasonably affordable it's unlikely you'll find any

Makes me wonder if they would even send you a watch at all or just take your money and cease communication 

NDJ
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

You are not a total Noob, yet you seem to be making a total Noob mistake.

My advice, email a couple TD’s about the watch. If they can’t get it, it doesn’t exist.

That site only has pictures of gen watches, ordering from them would be more risky that using a Bee hive as a boxing bag whilst naked 

I don't think I'll bother asking a TD as I think you're right a rep doesn't exist.  I let my wishful thinking get the better of me.
Good advice, thanks.

31 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Makes me wonder if they would even send you a watch at all or just take your money and cease communication 

I'd say you're right. Too big a risk.

MetalMickey
1 hour ago, NDJ said:

I considered buying the genuine but it seems to be no longer available for sale new, and the couple of pre-owned ones on Ebay are from sellers that won't ship to Australia. :(

ZODIAC_SEA_DRAGON_DIALS6

Your best bet is to persuade the sellers to ship to you. Message them and discuss costs 

NDJ
27 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Your best bet is to persuade the sellers to ship to you. Message them and discuss costs 

Will do, I'm on a mission to get one of the green dialled ones!

MetalMickey
10 minutes ago, NDJ said:

Will do, I'm on a mission to get one of the green dialled ones!

https://www.ausff.com.au/

Wriggles

MM that seems to be for shipping out of Oz, OP is in OZ but they won't ship to him.

tabuktime
2 hours ago, NDJ said:

ZODIAC_SEA_DRAGON_DIALS6

1 hour ago, metalmickey said:

Or reach out to any members here who would do you a triangular shipping favour...

One available here in Aus: https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Zodiac-Heritage-Sea-Dragon-ZO9904-Full-Set/302639280280?hash=item4676b4f098:g:bWsAAOSwvTpaFJB6

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

MetalMickey
16 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

MM that seems to be for shipping out of Oz, OP is in OZ but they won't ship to him.

Oh right. He's on his own, then :)

NFleischer

I'm pretty sure no Zodiac reps. Cool watch though.

NDJ
3 hours ago, tabuktime said:

Or reach out to any members here who would do you a triangular shipping favour...

One available here in Aus: https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Zodiac-Heritage-Sea-Dragon-ZO9904-Full-Set/302639280280?hash=item4676b4f098:g:bWsAAOSwvTpaFJB6

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Thanks, I did see that one but am really after a green one with steel bracelet. 
I messaged one Ebay seller of just such a watch and he just replied "Sorry I don't ship overseas" - What's up with that?!

1 hour ago, NFleischer said:

I'm pretty sure no Zodiac reps. Cool watch though.

Yes, they sure got the retro vibe on with this model.

http://wornandwound.com/review/zodiac-sea-dragon-review/

SteveA

Not a rep but the Seiko recraft range look very similar and they do a stainless with green face 

55_F8_E3_ED-8_FD9-44_B4-_BBF3-33_FD2_B6_

tabuktime
2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Not a rep but the Seiko recraft range look very similar and they do a stainless with green face 

55_F8_E3_ED-8_FD9-44_B4-_BBF3-33_FD2_B6_

Got one of these in gold.

SteveA

I have the go,d as well