Rosgood26

Question about Raffles Dials (rafflesdials.com)

Rosgood26

Can anyone tell me if RafflesDials.com is legit or not?  I tried to order some parts and could not find a "Pay Now" button in the shopping cart area to pay for my order.  I contacted them about paying and received an email from "Ken Chua" saying that I can just send the money to him via Western Union.  It's not a big order (around $75) but I have a weird feeling about it.  The website redirects to a "mybigcommerce.com" site.  I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

While I'm on here, are there any other suppliers of rep dials and date overlays that are trusted?  Any websites?

Thanks

Rich

Tits McGee
9 minutes ago, Rosgood26 said:

Can anyone tell me if RafflesDials.com is legit or not?  I tried to order some parts and could not find a "Pay Now" button in the shopping cart area to pay for my order.  I contacted them about paying and received an email from "Ken Chua" saying that I can just send the money to him via Western Union.  It's not a big order (around $75) but I have a weird feeling about it.  The website redirects to a "mybigcommerce.com" site.  I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

While I'm on here, are there any other suppliers of rep dials and date overlays that are trusted?  Any websites?

Thanks

Rich

Who knows if they're legit? Most here would never order from anyone other than our "Trusted Dealers" who, coincidentally, are listed on the link on the very front page top of our homepage. 

But you've been a member here for 5 1/2 years and you knew that already, didn't you?

BabaNJ

He was 100% legit. I had over 10 transactions with him each worth over $200. He had a paypal payment option. But probably someone messed him up by making a huge order and claiming chargeback on him by saying he sells replica parts. Paypal blocked his account permanently. I contacted  him as he actually sent me some extra parts by mistake and i wanted to pay him back.I am gona pay him what i owe (about $90) by western union.So for something like worth$75 if you can't find it anywhere else you can take a chance but any big purchase i would be wary. It sucks how one bad apple can hurt a merchant and us buyers who want niche products not available easily. This is his ebay store you can get dwo from there and check if you can order a plain dial and he send you the one you want with logo.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352341616706

NCRich
9 minutes ago, BabaNJ said:

He was 100% legit. I had over 10 transactions with him each worth over $200. He had a paypal payment option. But few weeks ago someone messed him up by making a huge order and claiming chargeback on him by saying he sells replica parts. Paypal blocked his account permanently. I contacted  him as he actually sent me some extra parts by mistake and i wanted to pay him back.I am gona pay him what i owe (about $90) by western union.So for something like worth$75 if you can't find it anywhere else you can take a chance but any big purchase i would be wary. It sucks how one bad apple can hurt a merchant and us buyers who want niche products not available easily. This is his ebay store you can get dwo from there and check if you can order a plain dial and he send you the one you want with logo.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352341616706

Well, that sucks.  I've bought tons of stuff from him and I'll continue to even if I have to use WU.

RussP
6 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Well, that sucks.  I've bought tons of stuff from him and I'll continue to even if I have to use WU.

+1.

Ken's one of the nicest persons I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

I wasn't aware that he's no longer 'doing' PayPal or the Credit Card option.

Perhaps it is because this is your first purchase?

Proceed with confidence...............you won't regret it.

zulu44gmt

Op looks correct - I filled out an order and wasn’t able to use ppl. I have bought tons of stuff as well. Totally sucks- but would still continue to buy from Ken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikosaldente

That's a shame.....

If he's the same at the eBay Link, why don't you order there and pay with PayPal?:D

nuvolablue
That's a shame.....
If he's the same at the eBay Link, why don't you order there and pay with PayPal?
I've used his eBay account for some 1655 hands. No problems at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rosgood26

Thanks for the impute guys.  I did order the overlays off ebay.  There's a few Rolex dials I'm interested in though that can't be listed on ebay.  I'll guess I'll give it a shot.

GenTLe

Resuming this old thread to add this:

on the site the situation is the same: there's no checkout possibility. But I've contacted them and they have sent me a PayPal invoice, so at least PP is there again.

Cheers, GenTLe