As some of you know by now, I love complications and perpetual calendars. I have bought a quartz Seiko perpetual calendar. Now, I am glad to announce my first mechanical calendar complications watch Behold, the Blancpain Villeret Quantième Complet 6654-1127-55B!   The Watch https://www.blancpain.com/en/watch/6654-1127-55b A beautiful dress watch with with various complications. Some may find it too busy, but I find it has the perfect balance between nothing and all the complications. The busy dial was what caught my attention and got me looking for a rep version. Interestingly, no one has reviewed this watch on here nor RWI. Guess it's up to me to brave through this unchartered rep review territory .  Apart from the elegant dial design, this watch features an Blancpain innovation: the under-lug correctors. Over the course of horology, watchmakers have been adding more and more complications: date, day, month, moonphase and chronographs. One of the prevailing challenges is to include these complications while keeping the clean, smooth lines of the watch case. The recessed pusher was one such innovation, albeit the need for a pusher tool ball-point pen when adjusting. The more extreme minimalist approach was to have the crown do all the work. One classic example is the IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar released in 1985 where the crown is used to set day, date, month and year.  https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/iwc-da-vinci-perpetual-calendar-chronograph-steel-review Then comes Blancpain in 2005 with under-lug correctors. Basically, they are small levers underneath....you guessed it, the four lugs. The complications are adjusted by pushing these levers, which can be done with a special pusher or your thumb. So you can ditch that ball-point pen now Gen RRP: £10,930 The Rep Of course, I was only going to buy the watch if they had functioning under-lug correctors. The videos on Trustytime and Perfect Clones was very encouraging so I got down to researching TDs, In the end I decided to go for the newcomer, Mr Timezone who provided a good service for me.   TD Specs (Mr. Timezone) Size: 40mm x 13mm Movement: Asian A23j automatic decorated to BlancPain Cal.6654 movement Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, day, date, month and moonphase display Case: 1:1 stainless steel case Dial: White dial with Roman numerals Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal Strap & Clasp: Black leather strap with deployant clasp   Dimensions The gen is 40mm in diameter and 10.65mm thick. My rep is 40mm diameter and 12mm thick. Pretty decent considering the complications in there! Caliper batteries are dying...   Dial  I really don't know what to say. Just speechless about how pretty the dial is. My crappy iPhone photos don't do it justice! (DSLR still in service ) The day and month window is larger on the gen. But unless you have them side by side, it's not an issue. Otherwise, the font for everything is pretty spot on. Here's a shot from a different angle to show the blued date hand. Also the moonphase is more visible from certain angles than others. I believe this is a 59 toothed moonphase. The moonphase display here is not much to shout about, compared to my A. Lange & Sohne Saxonia. But that's the fault of the gen design. Even on the gen, it is pretty bland, with a creepy ass moon smirking at you. Any Mighty Boosh fans here?   Movement I'm not too sure of the movement. But here's a couple of photos to show the detail!   Functions As per the description, it has a date, day, month and moonphase function. Funnily enough, when checking with the TD re the moonphase, he replied saying it was an AM/PM indicator. But whilst I was playing around with the under-lug correctors, I found the display had two moons and did not clearly advance when moving the watch 24 hours forward. A moonphase afterall! Nice surprise! As mentioned above, the rep also has four under-lug correctors. One for each complication. They all work!  Either the TD or OMF also provided a special pusher for the correctors but a thumb will suffice. But here's the rub: I noticed when moving the hour hand, the day and date change 12 hours apart. Not sure if this is normal? I'm ok with this "issue" but my only concern is that when adjusting the day between 6am to 6pm (safe for date change) would damage the day change mechanism. Anyone have any advice on this? In correspondence with TD on the issue as well, if it is an issue.   Strap The black leather strap goes well with the steel colour. Overall, I find the strap quality satisfactory. Not high-end, but not plastic either and it does not look cheap. It's still a bit stiff (only just got it today).   This is also my first watch, gen or rep, with a deployant buckle, which took me a while to figure out. The buckle has good detailing on it and easy to use. However, I'm still not 100% on the use of deployants: they dig into the wrist a bit and increase the profile of the watch slightly. I'm still a fan because aesthetics trumps practicality or comfort for me. Story of my superficial life...   Accuracy No idea. Cannot comment until I buy a time machine thingy. If you're bothered, buy a quartz.   Overall Overall, I'm very pleased with this watch. Expensive but worth it. My only concern is the day date mechanism as mentioned above. If you're an enthusiast who loves the under-lug corrector design, then this is a no-brainer. Get this and be a classy mofo, until the next WIS explains that technically dress watches shouldn't have any complications blah blah blah....  Well, I have my answer to the purists. Two answers. Stay tuned for two other simple dress watches . In the meantime, here's a wristie. Day 2 Thoughts: I quite fancy the rose gold versions available but just realised how quickly the rose gold layer would wear off around the correctors!