Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Genuine Omega Seamaster Dial on RWI

trailboss99

Fransisco has a gen Sea Master dial for sale HERE sixty euros sounds like a bargin to me.

img2160n.jpg

Anyone building a sea master?

Col.

greg_r

Good start for a franken..

R2D4

It's a pretty good price too. Anywhere between 20 and 80 is a bargain. The lume on this dial should still be very good.

JohnG

It's an okay price but it's not a GREAT price. There is a blue SMP Chrono dial on the bay right now for 80 bucks (less than 60 euros). I see these come and go and at auction they rarely hit that price, so if he gets that for it, he is doing well.

R2D4

Those Chrono dials always go for less. The 2254 dial as you mentioned is a good price but not a steal. The 2254 and 2531 dials are always popular though and fetch more than the Chrongraph dials. I think this is due to the supply.

RolexAddict

I can understand buying rep Cartier, Rolex, Patek....

I don't understand this infatuation for Omega reps, gen Omega watches are not expensive, very common and basic, vintages like the NASA moon chrono are very easy to find for less than 2000 euros,

just don't understand, Omega is not exiting -making easy money speaking- I think I am starting to get tired with this rep hobby, I will return in my post stamps, vintage sex toys and barbie doll collection...

:o

:D

Edited by RolexAddict

greg_r

lol - you're not alone, RA. Omega watches don't do much for me either.

trailboss99

RA: 2000 Euro may not be much to some but I and I suspect quite a few others don't have 2000 Euro to spend on a watch. I doubt I'd have that in the bank ATM. Times are hard for some of us my friend.

Col.

sconehead

Just got it for 50...you Omega haters... :)

greg_r

hehe well done, Scone :)

So - what's the project? Do tell. PICS!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

sconehead

Actually Greg, this makes three projects on the go at once. I'm messing around with a BCE. Just managed to remove the bezel, an epic struggle in itself, gen ETA 7750, sourced a gen crown and am currently sourcing a gen bezel /dial for it. My TWB sub an ongoing project, Clarks crystal to pop in and trim 1mm off the retaining ring and it's completed. Now this Omega dial is kicking off another...has anyone got an SFSO watch head lying about as I've got all the bit's I need to build a blue faced one and start project no.4...it never ends, she thinks I'm nuts... :)

greg_r

lol

That's the reason I've not gotten into modding. Too many interests, too little time :)

sconehead

Put your watch back a couple of hours and you'll have all the time in the world...anyway, I thought you were omnipotent...

greg_r
I thought you were omnipotent...

nah, that's my evil twin.... :)

sconehead

You've a twin called 'Dave?'

greg_r

:rofl:

You're confusing 'omnipotent' with 'impotent'. Dave is the latter :)

JohnG
Those Chrono dials always go for less. The 2254 dial as you mentioned is a good price but not a steal. The 2254 and 2531 dials are always popular though and fetch more than the Chrongraph dials. I think this is due to the supply.

This one just sold on the Bay for 43 bucks:

e79.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200336922676

lol - you're not alone, RA. Omega watches don't do much for me either.

66982368_aM4P7-L.jpg

greg_r

okay, I'm a liar. That's real sexy.... :Whistle:

JohnG
okay, I'm a liar. That's real sexy.... :D

I doubt they will do it, but now that there is a modified 7750 with the subdial spacing of the 3301, they need to rep the Aqua Terra Chrono.... There is a shitty rep of it on watcheden, 21j, $128, lots of problems... But I would fork out three bills for a really good rep of this, in a heart beat...

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaster-a...-12309-p-1.html

greg_r

Yup - I'll admit my A7750 paranoia remains in force, but that's probably the best looking Omega I've ever seen. The one other Omega that might tempt me would be a GOOD rep of the moon watch.

trailboss99
okay, I'm a liar. That's real sexy.... :D

I doubt they will do it, but now that there is a modified 7750 with the subdial spacing of the 3301, they need to rep the Aqua Terra Chrono.... There is a shitty rep of it on watcheden, 21j, $128, lots of problems... But I would fork out three bills for a really good rep of this, in a heart beat...

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaster-a...-12309-p-1.html

+100 That is the sexiest chrono EVER. If they do it they had best take the time and do it right tho.

I understand that the new MVT speedie is under way. Let's hope they get it right AND do a solid caseback for it.

Col.

JohnG
Yup - I'll admit my A7750 paranoia remains in force, but that's probably the best looking Omega I've ever seen. The one other Omega that might tempt me would be a GOOD rep of the moon watch.

This mod is supposed to be good - there was a review of it at RG - apparently it is a solid mod and shouldn't have any problems like the seconds at 6 moddded 7750...

greg_r

interesting - I'll go look for the review. Thanks, John.

JohnG
interesting - I'll go look for the review. Thanks, John.

A Review of the New Omega Chrono Movement

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=58650

In Francisco's DIY Mod and Tutorial Shop -

altu.jpg

The big improvement is that the new wheels are jeweled: here is the plate that hold the add-on wheels for the new chrono needle spacing...

img2005.jpg

greg_r

Very interesting....