Stewart

Best strap from Bond - AP 15450

Stewart

Almost a year ago when the JF AP15450 V2 came out I purchased it and immediately began contemplating a strap for it.  The TD had sent a rep strap for the watch which was  the typical POS. Unfortunately at this time no one made a strap for this watch, so I decided to make one my self. I went online and bought two sections of alligator. A gloss chestnut and a mat tan.

Once the leather arrived I brainstormed how to proceed. Eventually I decided this was a task for a professional. I reached out to Jon (Bond Tailored Straps) and asked if he would accept the job. He agreed and I sent him the two leathers. A few weeks later I received a perfect looking strap. Unfortunately when I tried to attach it to the watch I couldn't get it to fit. I reached out to Jon and he gave me some good suggestions but I still could not get it.

I took the watch to several local jewelers and they were unsuccessful as well. Some time went buy and I reached out to Jon last November with my dilemma. He suggested I send the watch to him and he would fit the strap to the watch. So.... a few months past, May came along and I finely found time to send him the watch. I a few days I received an e-mail with the good news!

Here are some images of Jon's work. Thanks again to Jon for his fortitude.

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

semperfi55

Nice one @Stewart! How much did the strap and work done cost overall?

I plan to buy the AP15400 with leather strap at some point. Could you explain further, in your case,  what was the difficulty in fitting the strap?

Jasonbaylee

Wow! One of the best fitting of the lug n leather portion! Very handsome!

With your consent, may I include you as a referror if i need such a strap in the near future?

Cant wait to see a wrist shot of this.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

Glaude

I'm not a fan of this combo, but it's a very nice piece alone and a very great customer service you got there !

Stewart
1 hour ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Wow! One of the best fitting of the lug n leather portion! Very handsome!

With your consent, may I include you as a referror if i need such a strap in the near future?

Cant wait to see a wrist shot of this.

IMAG0569.jpgIMAG0568.jpgIMAG0570.jpg

1 hour ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Stewart
1 hour ago, semperfi55 said:

Nice one @Stewart! How much did the strap and work done cost overall?

I plan to buy the AP15400 with leather strap at some point. Could you explain further, in your case,  what was the difficulty in fitting the strap?

I think he charged me $130 and I provided the leather. The problem with the strap was that I was not able to apply enough force to get the side screw holes to line up. He had the tools to fit it together.

Jasonbaylee

Thank you mate! That’s gorgeous!

VMSG

giphy.gif

RUSH2112

Nice combo.

Stewart

I wanted to add, as far as I know this is the only AP 15450 fitted to a strap...in the world.