blueoysterboy

'Gate question

blueoysterboy

OK, so btw the posts and stickies here and observing DH Gate myself I get the idea that this is the internet version of some guy in a parking lot going "psst buddy, want to buy a watch?"  (I actually bought a pretty good gym bag that way once, but that is another story).  Anyway, the question I have is how can you tell what the model of the rep they have for sale is.  The make/model info in their pix is photoshopped out, so how can you tell what the model is (other than the obvious rep subs), or even if the watch for sale is a rep at all or just some unbranded watch.  I understand that my money is best invested with the TDs and the greater chance of a quality I will likely get through them, but I am curious.   

Glaude

For that sort of information, you should go VIP ;) 

There's a whole subforum dedicated to the Aliexpress/DHGate mess :)

But in a nutshell, you send a seller a message about the watch and ask him to send you real picture of it

EBB

just look at reviews, enough digging and you'll find the good stuff

RedactedUser

Message the seller, or look if there are reviews with pictures posted.

Luxuracer
29 minutes ago, Glaude said:

But in a nutshell, you send a seller a message about the watch and ask him to send you real picture of it

21 minutes ago, EBB said:

just look at reviews, enough digging and you'll find the good stuff

14 minutes ago, RedactedUser said:

Message the seller, or look if there are reviews with pictures posted.

Even after all that ... there are still no guaranty what you will be getting ... Most of Gate's sellers are drop-shipper, they never saw nor touched the watches they sold you. One seller had no clue that the watch was sent to me different from the pictures that he sent me, after I pointed out all the differences in details pictures. Sometimes you would find sellers who ship their own stocks, but those are rare.

blueoysterboy
11 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Even after all that ... there are still no guaranty what you will be getting ... Most of Gate's sellers are drop-shipper, they never saw nor touched the watches they sold you. One seller had no clue that the watch was sent to me different from the pictures that he sent me, after I pointed out all the differences in details pictures. Sometimes you would find sellers who ship their own stocks, but those are rare.

Yep...How do you say Pssst, Buddy in Chinese?

Luxuracer
51 minutes ago, 0ysterboy said:

Yep...How do you say Pssst, Buddy in Chinese?

Hi friend, want to buy.

Left Coast Guy

I've tried to dig the DHGate/Ali scene and I do for other stuff, but their watches are shit.  Some folks here have found passable stuff, but nothing near the quality most TDs will offer. Its not swap meet quality, but no far off. Its what you think of when you think "fake rolex"......and thats what you get. 

PlanetZoom

Here's a rare photo of one of the Gate's VIP vendors:

f_6611.jpg

Ramonessnl

Like the african dude's on the beaches of spain or the canarian islands who sell rolex with lifetime warranty and sunfaded beats headphones

Indianajones

Here's what you do:

1. Research the watch you're looking for, what it looks like, dimensions, movement etc. For example: best way to know the difference between  a rolex 116610 and 16610. Look for your watch through sellers with good reviews.

2. Ask for pictures of the actual watch. Compare pics to what you already know. You could ask for what the movement is to see if it's somewhat reliable or on par with that you want. Plenty of sellers use generic pictures, some don't even show the actual watch.

3. Just like eBay, avoid sellers with few transactions and poor reviews

I've bought a handful of watches there. Pretty decent Tudor black bay, shitty Seamaster 300, a datejust and a speedmaster. Now that I've found this place RWG, I'm probably not going back to the gate. It's really hit or miss and no gaurantee. I totally agree with the guys in previous posts. 

Edited by Indianajones

tonyh7

In the end DaGate is like a bawx of chocolates.  You never know what you will get. You can always get your money back though. 

Glaude
15 hours ago, Left Coast Guy said:

I've tried to dig the DHGate/Ali scene and I do for other stuff, but their watches are shit.  Some folks here have found passable stuff, but nothing near the quality most TDs will offer. Its not swap meet quality, but no far off. Its what you think of when you think "fake rolex"......and thats what you get. 

I have a JLC Master Ultra Thin Power reserve review incoming that'll change your mind about that... absolutely TD quality ! With the caveat bellow 

10 hours ago, tonyh7 said:

In the end DaGate is like a bawx of chocolates.  You never know what you will get. You can always get your money back though. 

+1

VMSG
39 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I have a JLC Master Ultra Thin Power reserve review incoming that'll change your mind about that... absolutely TD quality ! With the caveat bellow 

+1

I have to see this...

Glaude
4 minutes ago, VMSG said:

I have to see this...

I'll try to make it next week !

VMSG
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

I'll try to make it next week !

giphy.gif