PetryChristophe

Didun Homage Watches

PetryChristophe

Hello,

So i came across the brand Didun, that makes "Homage" watches (they actually ONLY change the name the rest is exactly the same) and they have, so it seems, really nice Audemars Piguet perpetual calendar watches (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIDUN-Automatic-Watches-Men-Mechanical-Watch-Top-Luxury-Brand-Male-Moon-Phase-Diving-Calendar-Wristwatch-Waterproof/32837722881.html). I wanted to know if customs can make problems when i have this kind of watch send to me (I live in Luxemburg) because Homage watches are actually not illegal right?

I'm a little worried because last time i ordered an AP replica (not a Homage) from a trusted dealer customs destroyed it and i got a fine from AP lawyers.

thanks for any answers in advance

Edited by PetryChristophe

EBB

There would be no problem, if that was the case a lot of brands would be confiscated.. 

RepGuy

The watch will not get confiscated due to it not bearing a trademarked name. With that being said, although the listing pictures look decent, the actual watches are much rougher looking. Try to find actual pictures submitted by purchasers, and you'll see a much less presentable watch.

These are made with bottom of the barrel replica parts, and simply rebranded to make them technically legal. If you want one, don't let me stop you, but just be aware that these are very poor in quality.

Glaude
4 hours ago, PetryChristophe said:

Hello,

So i came across the brand Didun, that makes "Homage" watches (they actually ONLY change the name the rest is exactly the same) and they have, so it seems, really nice Audemars Piguet perpetual calendar watches (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIDUN-Automatic-Watches-Men-Mechanical-Watch-Top-Luxury-Brand-Male-Moon-Phase-Diving-Calendar-Wristwatch-Waterproof/32837722881.html). I wanted to know if customs can make problems when i have this kind of watch send to me (I live in Luxemburg) because Homage watches are actually not illegal right?

I'm a little worried because last time i ordered an AP replica (not a Homage) from a trusted dealer customs destroyed it and i got a fine from AP lawyers.

thanks for any answers in advance

That would fall into trademark infringement, something customs don't care about and the responsibility is not on the buyer of such products, so you are in the clear zone :) 

Use a TD with triangular shipping to avoid Luxemburg customs if you want a rep ;) 

PetryChristophe

Thanks for your replies ;)

I checked out some reviews on youtube and it actually looks pretty good for the price so i'll give it a go 

Xpletiv

Please take some good shots and post them up so we can all see the differences, if there are any.:thumbsup2:

PetryChristophe

The watch arrived yesterday ( after 17 Days) which is pretty fast since they say it's between 21-30 days. But still it felt like an eternity because i tracked the package everyday :D

Opening it i was immediately very surprised because the finish of the watch is really really nice. There were no scratches or any impurities so i was very relieved the wristband is also pretty comfortable and not too sharp. All in all i'm more than happy with the Watch even more so since it was very cheap for around 60 EUR (86$). I really didn't expect this, now i just hope that whats inside also holds together :D 

I'd love to show you some pics but i don't know how to  if its not an existing Attachment or URL so if someone could let me know 

tabuktime
7 minutes ago, PetryChristophe said:

The watch arrived yesterday ( after 17 Days) which is pretty fast since they say it's between 21-30 days. But still it felt like an eternity because i tracked the package everyday :D

Opening it i was immediately very surprised because the finish of the watch is really really nice. There were no scratches or any impurities so i was very relieved the wristband is also pretty comfortable and not too sharp. All in all i'm more than happy with the Watch even more so since it was very cheap for around 60 EUR (86$). I really didn't expect this, now i just hope that whats inside also holds together :D 

I'd love to show you some pics but i don't know how to  if its not an existing Attachment or URL so if someone could let me know 

Where are you storing your photos of the watch, which hosting site?  I use imgur, but others are available.  Once we know this more specific instructions can be issued.

fatarms

Go to imgur.com

Click new post at the top and browse to the picture file on your computer to upload it.

Once it uploads, you'll see a pull down menu in the upper left of the picture.  Click on Get Share Links.

Copy and paste everything in the BBCode (Forums) box and post it here.

Glaude

Yup, but that's even better

WmkF483.jpg

pyhrrG4.jpg

PXPZGkY.jpg

ot6a5qf.jpg

1mYQzjZ.jpg

dLmSI3M.jpg

pDciYm2.jpg

PetryChristophe

Oh great thx :D 

So what do you think?

blueoysterboy

I'm no AP fan but that looks like a nice homage watch.  Sorry, didn't catch it, what is the movement in this watch?

PetryChristophe

It says MIYODA automatic movement 

Glaude
1 minute ago, PetryChristophe said:

It says MIYODA automatic movement 

Are you sure it's not MIYOTA ?

McGilli
49 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Are you sure it's not MIYOTA ?

No man it's a clone so it's definitely MIYODA ;) Either that or the seller is a Star Wars fan,

blueoysterboy

star476-1-1501065627-2867.jpg

MetalMickey
39 minutes ago, 0ysterboy said:

star476-1-1501065627-2867.jpg

That is cool. I want one !

Xpletiv

I think the Didun looks pretty well finished and the quality of your photos are pretty good, as well.

.......so...how about PMing a Link my way, yes?

Just not sure what the outer ring is for, 52 weeks?

Edited by Xpletiv

McGilli
3 minutes ago, Xpletiv said:

Just not sure what the outer ring is for, 52 weeks?

Cuz there's 54 seconds in a day, duh!

Hahaha. actually that's kind of funny....

Xpletiv

Like a clown, funny?

PetryChristophe

Yeah it’s for the weeks but there’s no week-hand so i don’t know what it’s for :D

just look it up on aliexpress you’ll find it right away

Xpletiv

^Yes, yes I (we) could look it up, BUT which seller did you use? 

You got the product, now it would be nice to know whom to trust to actually send out the same!