Sign in to follow this  
alistairw

Pam 111H vs 111J

alistairw

:)

Have many Rolex and Breitling Rep's and am swinging towards Pam's.

Having read many reviews and comments on a number of the watch forum's , I have decided for my smaller wrists the Pam 111 will be a good start.

Am looking to spend $300.

I'm no expert the Pam's, so would appreciate any comments / thoughts from those that are.

To get best bang for buck, is the 111J the better buy versus 111H?

Sead and DSN seem to have the better modded versions, are these really better value over the units offered by TD like Andrew, Lay and Josh.

Most Pam's look good with a decent Leather band, this forum has some wonderful links to many good band suppliers. The prices vary from $50 - $300, is there that much difference in the quality of the Bands??

gottahaverolex

A decent band is a bonus but don't base your watch purchase on it. I'd go for the newest ultimate version as it will not dissapoint. Pretty much all the dealers are offering the same watch. The cheaper versions have sub par lume and blue AR. Go for the best one you can get. Should cost about $220ish for the newest ultimate version from pretty much any trusted dealer.

greg_r

Sorry to disagree with my friend above, but the so-calld 'Ultimate' 111J is nothing special. It's not even superlumed.

DSN's 111 is superior to the the versions you'll buy from most of the other dealers. Worth the extra imho - the only way you'll beat it is with one of the super-expensive versions from LittleHero and by the time you've bought one of those you're well on the way to gen price anyhow...

Drhulee
DSN's 111 is superior to the the versions you'll buy from most of the other dealers. Worth the extra imho - the only way you'll beat it is with one of the super-expensive versions from LittleHero and by the time you've bought one of those you're well on the way to gen price anyhow...

I'm not so sure about that anymore. The latest ones (111J) have a much better case, far more accurate CG (it's even rollerball, which is correct for the series), nicer crown, much better lume now, and a uniquely serialed J-series display back.

MikeMcNair

Gotta admit, DSNs shit is spot on. That is all.

Drhulee
Gotta admit, DSNs shit is spot on. That is all.

Unless he's changed his manufacturer, his case sets are probably the worst ones out there - for 44mm Luminors anyway. And his earlier auto crystals are pretty bad too. Plus many of his casebacks are laser etched instead of engraved.

Drhulee

To give you an idea of how bad DSN cases are, I just came across this pic from another member's sale (DSN is in middle, gen on top, regular rep on bottom):

DSCF4010.jpg

Notice how his is thicker in the central area, and how much fatter his lugs are.

kolchak

Not sure if it matters but DSN case looks like ti.

mulder

I like my Pam 111 from Robert for a smidge under $150 with two bands.

Look in the feedback section for photos and description.

David

gtwc

who / what / where is "Little Hero"????

mspangl
who / what / where is "Little Hero"????

Littlehero builds Pam's in limited stock at RepGeek

Drhulee.. Which Pam model is that? Case looks lovely! // I think an Egi or sth similar? :) .. I'm a complete PAM-noob :D

Drhulee

Case is probably Ti, but that is the same shape found on all DSN auto case sets. Even his CG screw holes are different, in placement and size, than standard rep and gen cases - which is a real pain in the ass if you make your own builds.

Not only is it inaccurate, but because of the stubby lugs you can run into problems if your strap happens to be thick.

gottahaverolex
Sorry to disagree with my friend above, but the so-calld 'Ultimate' 111J is nothing special. It's not even superlumed.

I have to retract my statement as I was reading in haste and was referring to the new 177 and not the 111 in question. Sorry about that. I don't know shit about the 111 :lol:

Member X

There's a post on RWI that lists all the models this new factory is apparently going to be producing, but I can't remember if the 111 was on it...

sconehead

Do what I did, buy a $99 cheapie off Robert, pop in a DSN dial and handset. Do the doggie cg mod, add a Francisco 'Panerai' decal to the mix, cape cod the AR coating, then get yourself a decent strap... you'll have fun modding your own watch and all for less than an Ultimate (mind you I agree with Doc, those cg's do look yum-yum good though)...;)