J!m

"Bond's" Dr. No 6538

J!m

I did a bit of searching and I cannot find the answer for these questions...

I'm thinking of a 6538 build, and I want to replicate the Dr. No 6538 so often shown illuminated by the lighter at the beginning of the film.

The stills are too blurry to make out if it is a 100m or a 200m 2-line dial. Insert seems to be a silver triangle and a silver, rather than white painted, seconds hand with a "normal" size luminous dot.

So the big question is, 100 or 200 meter dial?

I think it will come from HR. Planning a gen movement and other bits as usual so this may take a few years, as these builds tend to do.

Thanks guys!

GenTLe

Isn't this one?
1-Connery-Submariner.jpg

sogeha

If you find a 16mm RAF pull through, please let me know. I have been looking for a while

Good luck with the build. The insert is from the earlier Subs for some reason and does not have minutes for the first 15 minutes, just five minute markers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GC

45_DD6_F00-8352-4516-9_DB7-9_F5_CD625_C7

white triangle, 200m-600ft, no min hashes on bezel between 12-3 

J!m

I've seen that photo of the white minute track watch next to bond in his blue "beach outfit" several times. Problem is, in the movie close up (with the lighter) it is clearly a guilt dial, not a white one. So then I question the whole thing- clearly the watch shown is not the one worn by Connery. I do think it is/was a 200 dial, if one uses some imagination looking at the blurry lines of the dial... The insert is clear to see which version.

Regarding the strap: I seem to recall reading detail about it somewhere that is was an off the shelf item, like in a "general store" and not some military-issue item. As such, I believe it was an "inch" measurement strap, rather than a mm measurement strap, and 3/4" (19.05mm) seems to come to mind, although it does appear to be narrower than that since the lugs are 20mm. And no, I don't have a line on one. I was planning to get an 18mm from somewhere and go with that. If you care to point me where you have ben looking, I might grab something...