Sign in to follow this  
Cynikal.Mindset

Thank You Esslinger.com

Cynikal.Mindset

I got a pro-hunter milgauss from Lay a few weeks back and then it started acting up and Lay wanted me to return it for repair but that was too much hassle and time down for me. After seeing KBH got a 21j movement from esslinger.com I decided to go that route and 3days later my package came via UPS and I swapped movements in 30min and my new watch is back up and running.

I chose Esslinger over Ofrei and CousinsUK for a couple reasons.

Esslinger takes paypal, their shipping was more reasonable and their site was easy to use and navigate.

They might not have the vast selection as the other guys but paypal was clutch since I had funds in there to burn and they didn't wanna rape me on postage.

Highly recommend them for your needs if they got what you need.

KBH

Glad it worked out for you, Cynikal. That 2803 movement sure seemed nice and solid when I used it in the Omega Aqua Terra and kept very good time. Absolutely no stutter on the large second hand. It makes me wonder if the rep factories aren't buying up all the shitty movements that don't pass the factory QC? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Esslinger was easy and cheap. In fact I bought 2 just to average the freight down and to have a spare.

And, for anybody interested, the DG2803 movement the have listed is an equivalent to the DG2813 except day/date instead of date. And the day wheel pops right off if you don't need it.

Cynikal.Mindset

I actually bought the 2812 which was my mistake but its the same as the 2803 with day/date. I too just popped off the day wheel and slapped everything together and so far its all good. I shoulda bought a spare but I just spent 600bux a few days before hand. I will probably pick up some 2803's from them later as they are cheaper than the 2812 but seem to have more jewels...17 vs 22 if it matter at all