Sign in to follow this  
seikome

Newbie here

trailboss99

Bring 'em on!

I've been waiting for a chance to try out the death ray JohnG sent me in the mail. BTW John, next time please don't put "WMD" in the item description box on the customs form! Fortuanly they were all busey looking for swine flu carriers to notice.

Col.

sconehead
Bring 'em on!

I've been waiting for a chance to try out the death ray JohnG sent me in the mail. BTW John, next time please don't put "WMD" in the item description box on the customs form! Fortuanly they were all busey looking for swine flu carriers to notice.

Col.

You forgot rep watches as well... :monkey2:

greg_r

Your monkey army will be no match for Surrey's young mothers and their Chelsea tractors. They're everywhere! :monkey2:

sconehead
Your monkey army will be no match for Surrey's young mothers and their Chelsea tractors. They're everywhere! :monkey2:

They are well versed in all modern warfare tactics Greg...and the green cross code, resistance is futile... :monkey2:

greg_r

A Surrey mother in a Range Rover can kill anything. Deer, monkeys, people, small buildings, buses, tanks - nothing survives.

jameo210369

Sorry about the guys seikome they do get side tracked very easily.

Welcome to the forum, the more the better; plenty of watch addicts here.

We love pics of watches, what seiko's do you own?? I am looking at these 3 at present; not sure what to go for

seiko.jpg

1, The Seiko SND703P1 is a stunning watch, I love the dial in slate . £89

2, The Seiko sport SNZE83 in all black is a really cool looking watch. £98

3, The Seiko 5 automatic scuba divers watch SKZ251K1 with the yellow dial is also a cool looking watch. £154.99

greg_r

Love no. 1

Seiko make some great looking watches

Luthier
A Surrey mother in a Range Rover can kill anything. Deer, monkeys, people, small buildings, buses, tanks - nothing survives.

Do they have boobs, or only Rovers?

greg_r

They have boobs, Range Rovers and money. No brains, however.

seikome

any one know this one?

www.replica-watches-cn.com

greg_r
any one know this one?

www.replica-watches-cn.com

Yup - I've come across 'em. Smelt a rat, too. Gen photos posing as reps in some instances. WU payment only (a good way to lose your dough).

Stick to the trusted dealers - between them they can source any rep currently available, and you'll not only get your watch, but it'll be worth what you paid for it.

trailboss99

Hey Seikome: You want some Seiko reps? Have a look www.watches-brand.com there's thousands of 'em!

Don't buy there howver. The're legit but over priced. If you see something you like copy the pic and send it to Hont or T4D (prestigewatchco) They'l find it for you a lot cheaper.

Col.

seikome

Thanks, they claim they have 31 jewel chronometer automatic movement, Is it real?

Hey Seikome: You want some Seiko reps? Have a look www.watches-brand.com there's thousands of 'em!

Don't buy there howver. The're legit but over priced. If you see something you like copy the pic and send it to Hont or T4D (prestigewatchco) They'l find it for you a lot cheaper.

Col.

greg_r
Thanks, they claim they have 31 jewel chronometer automatic movement, Is it real?

Col.

Dubious. They're not complete scammers (i.e. they will actually send a watch, unlike some), but they do overcharge and some of their descriptions are rather unreliable. If you see something you like the look of, though, it's worth approaching one of the more reliable dealers (see our Trusted Dealer list) to see if they can get it for you.

The thing to bear in mind is that there are a limited range of movements available to rep manufacturers. Whatever the watch, you're likely to get one of the following:

One of the various incarnations of the basic '21j' automatic movement (some of which will have more or less than 21 jewels dependent on the complications added).

The various basic ETA 28xx auto movments (or, more likely, asian clones of these movements),

The 6497 handwind (swiss or asian),

The Asian 7750 automatic chrono movement

The Sea-Gull handwind chrono movement

Quartz.

Sometimes there are limitations in the accuracy of the rep simply because the movement is a different size or configuration than the gen. Be careful of believing too many high-falutin' claims made by some of the less-reputable dealers, as whatever you buy is almost certainly going to be built around one of the above.

Ultimately, the question you've asked can only be answered if you let us know which watch you're actually looking at - but even if it IS 31 jewels, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's an expensive movement - it could just as easily be a 21j with an adaptor intended to drive some simple complications (I own an inexpensive gen watch of this configuration, for what it's worth).

jameo210369

Lots of the lower end Poljots and Vostocks claim to have 31 - 32 ruby jewel movements, so you can get these movements in watches for under £200.