Sign in to follow this  
jacprash

Watch Winder Review

jacprash

Having just got the first watches (Replicas) that I've ever had that need winding, I decided to shop for a watch winder box.

The problem I had with most every one I've seen is that the pillow size is too small in diameter to put the watch on.

So the watch would flop around with every rotation, and with two large watches hitting each other 1000+ revolutions a day,

it is sure to destroy the finish quickly.

I didn't want to have to stuff something in behind it every time I took out or put back the watch.

I found this one in Brookstone, which comes in 1,2 and 4 watch models.

Winderopen.jpg

WinderClosed.jpg

WinderInside.jpg

The unique thing about the winder is the pillows. Notice the shape:

WinderPillow.jpg

Placed on the pillow the narrow way, there is a lot of room for a large band to flop around.

Great for people with smaller diameter wrists though, of if you are sharing a winder box with a woman:

Narrowway1.jpg

Narrowway2.jpg

Placed on the pillow the wide way, it becomes a much tighter fit.

Wideway1.jpg

Wideway2.jpg

Very quiet and 15 settings ranging from 650-3600 revolutions per day.

If you have seen other boxes specifically made for the larger diameter bands to fit without Jury rigging, please share.

Brookstone Dual watch winder

Edited by jacprash

Bosox
Having just got the first watches (Replicas) that I've ever had that need winding, I decided to shop for a watch winder box.

The problem I had with most every one I've seen is that the pillow size is too small in diameter to put the watch on.

So the watch would flop around with every rotation, and with two large watches hitting each other 1000+ revolutions a day,

it is sure to destroy the finish quickly.

I didn't want to have to stuff something in behind it every time I took out or put back the watch.

I found this one in Brookstone, which comes in 1,2 and 4 watch models.

Winderopen.jpg

WinderClosed.jpg

WinderInside.jpg

The unique thing about the winder is the pillows. Notice the shape:

WinderPillow.jpg

Placed on the pillow the narrow way, there is a lot of room for a large band to flop around.

Great for people with smaller diameter wrists though, of if you are sharing a winder box with a woman:

Narrowway1.jpg

Narrowway2.jpg

Placed on the pillow the wide way, it becomes a much tighter fit.

Wideway1.jpg

Wideway2.jpg

Very quiet and 15 settings ranging from 650-3600 revolutions per day.

If you have seen other boxes specifically made for the larger diameter bands to fit without Jury rigging, please share.

Brookstone Dual watch winder

I have this one and love it. Extremely quiet I just slip a small rubber band around the strap of the gen Cartier that rattles around. Presto. No swaet, no bother.

Dendo

Bought this one from Acetimer and was very disappointed with it. One of the motors gave out. The watches do not really fit. Piece of junk IMHO.