Sign in to follow this  
kan3

Rolex sub price variations

kan3

Found this info to be useful, so thought I would post it here too,

$70-90 - your average nooby sub. Not going to be amazing but would probably fool a lot of people when it's sitting on your wrist. Wouldn't bare close examination probably. 21j movement

$150-240 - Getting better, asian 2836 clone or perhaps a franken Swiss movement. Good chances the case and bracelet will be better build quality than the cheapo version.

$300-500 - WM9 or BK territory. Excellent quality, guaranteed Swiss movement, correct datewheel overlay and looking good. Should stand reasonably close, un-knowledgeable friends and relatives etc.

$1000+ - Franken territory. Base model WM9 or TW with gen crystal and/or bezel and/or dial and/or crown. Should be almost identical to gen to all but the most anal of people who carry a loupe and a micrometer to measure the case dimensions.

KBH

Interesting! If anybody is looking to pay $1000 for a WM9, I'd let you twist my arm.

Bosox

I just happen to have 2 Subs in front of me. One sold in the $130-150 range, I believe. It was a gift and it looks great on my wrist, but the bracelet in particular is the giveaway, though the watch itself isn't too bad.

The second cost me $369 and it is striking, so I'd have to agree with your rankings pretty much. There's no way I'll ever pay $1K for a rep ,though, not as long as Frederique Constant is in business.