Sign in to follow this  
seclark007

DSSD Vs Submariner

schmooze

I have a few of both. I wear the DSSD most. It feels comfy and has nice weight. My only problem with the subs is the date magnifier, I think it dates the watch. Sub still it gets some time.

If a bale of $$$ drop on my head, was pissed/drunk and in front on an AD with a big breasted woman serving, I'd definetly buy a gen DSSD before the sub.

Mystery Shopper

I like and wear both. Large size difference between them due to how they wear. The sub is elegant, can be worn on all sorts or wrists. 40mm and sits nice on the wrist, it moulds to the wrist sort of. I can see how once you have one, you want more- vintage and colours.

SAM_1100.jpg

The dssd is 43mm but is a much different watch. As it is deep sea design, it is thicker and sits up from the wrist. Case is thicker, much heavier & there is more of a dome on the sapphire as well so it is more of a hockey puck feel. Not suited for smaller wrists and business shirts as it wont sit under a cuff.

SAM_1097.jpg

Dssd

Think you no what I would say :rofl:

seclark007

I'm really glad this thread and poll stays on the radar. It's a great starting place for noobs to review your opinions!

Keep it up

WatchMe007

The Submariner is for posers, which is why I own two.

The DSSD is a much more serious design, and I appreciate the 12,800 ft. depth rating.

I figure it is just that much more secure against an errant splash from a cocktail glass.

Especially those "apple-tinis" all the kids are drinking.

Creechin

I spent months going back and forth between the two. In the end the DSSD won out. Much more manly in appearance.

I pulled the trigger on a PBDAD modded beauty. I plan on a DSSD And Maratac Zulu military green combo

alexell

I'dd like Submariner :-P

jcagara08

I'm wanting one DSSD now for my tiny wrists hahaha

Luto

I've had a gen submariner (now sold), 2 DSSD reps (1 sold here and 1 sent back for repair) and a gen DSSD too. With only 6.75 inch wrists, the DSSD is still fine to wear. The sub is too small and just doesnt sit right. However, I do prefer the watch on NATOs/Rhino (Zulu) straps instead of the bracelet.

midasmook

DSSD is bigger so seems to fit my wrist better.

lumbee

I prefer the Sub for it's size and weight. It just looks good on the wrist. The DSSD is a bit too large and heavy. Also, the Sub is a classic with looks that can't be ignored or mistaken. It is just the perfect watch...great for sport, leisure or dress occasions. I own several homage Subs and a couple of reps. Over the years I have also owned 5 gen Subs, one gen bubbleback Oyster-Date, one gen Datejust, and one gen 70s Oyster-Date. You might say I like Rolexes. I would buy a gen Sub now but they have raised thier prices to unrealistic levels and even though they are great watches, they aren't worth that kind of cash.

Dave

Distinct

I just ordered a DSSD from Robert.

Mods, how do I change my vote?

Distinct

Another comparison with the newly arrived DSSD.

Submariner is from BK, DSSD is from Robert.

photohut.jpg

Edited by Distinct

myaz

Thanks for that great comparison shot. Seriously, how much clearer can it be shown that the DSSD is just too big with too much writing on it? :shitstir::giggle:

rober100

With only 6.75 inch wrists, the DSSD is still fine to wear. The sub is too small and just doesnt sit right. However, I do prefer the watch on NATOs/Rhino (Zulu) straps instead of the bracelet.

6.3 wrists here :) Any picture of your DSSD on your 6.75 wrist? On my arm Sub + Zulu looks just fine, not too small nor too big. Are DSSD lugs 21mm wide?

the mick

Prefer the DSSD... That way I can continue to assert that "mine is bigger"....

Watchnuts

Short sleeve shirts DSSD, with long sleeve I prefer the Sub C. The DSSD is hard to beat.

Gazillionaire

The Dssd is a man's Watch, the Sub a boy's, feel the presence baby feel it. :)

digger2

In my point of view the DSSD is just too big and heavy for a daily watch. So would go for the SUB. (actually I have a SD, it's also a good size)

+1

DSSD is great for vacation trips (when I don't want to bring a diving gen) with water and diving but I would not like to wear it for several days so I always have another watch for change

GWT

I own both. Sub is really nice feel, wears really well on the wrist size is just a little undersized but nice! The DSSD is a massive hunk siting on the wrist, the bracelet is a little to small for the watch I think, so I'm in the process of trying to have padded leather strap made for it to see how that works with a set of Eugene's SEL end pieces to fill the gap between the strap and the bezel/body of the watch!

1 Rolex Submariner *non Ceramic version / Black

1 Rolex Sub C, Black

1 Rolex GMT Master II, Black/w green GMT hand and text

1 Rolex DSSD "Mary's offering awesome watch" = *hard to describe how nice that watch is for the price*

1 Rolex DSSD BK's offering really nice watch

1 Omega Seamaster PRO Black/Orange

Operator#6

I like the sub cuz it fits me, without being too overpowering.

emmune

If I had to choose between a Submariner and a DSSD I would choose a SD. rideemcowboy.gif

Totally agree....

Wheres the SD option!

/edit wtf necro!

Edited by emmune

jeffw69

The Dssd is a man's Watch, the Sub a boy's, feel the presence baby feel it. smile.png

+1 A MAN'S watch!!!

fatarms

Sub is my daily beater for work, but I prefer the DSSD which I wear on weekends out with my girl. I kinda think of my DSSD as the surf and turf meal with the shrimp cocktail appetizer, it's your favorite meal but you only get it a few times a month.

myaz

You must get it more than a few times a month :D