Sign in to follow this  
Scavolas

Automatic Tommy Hilfiger (gen) movement type?

Scavolas

Tommy Hilfiger model 1790679 Arlington -- a bigsize (47 mm) fashionable-looking, lowhigh-priced (cca. 250 EUR) version of TH automatic line was offered to me and I first want to find out what type of movement is inside. It is supposedly a Japanese automatic, but I failed to find a similar version at Miyota's catalogue, nor could I pick a corresponding one at Seiko. It has 3 hands with center seconds, date subdial @3 and day of the week subdial @9. Also has an open balance wheel.

Here is a picture:

342137385_o.jpg

and another color version:

341846972_o.jpg

Edit: the flywheel is indeed familiar from some replica models, that would suggest a cheap Chinese auto movement modded with 2 pushers for date and day-of-week subdials.

Edited by Scavolas

WebWind

Can not find this model on US or EU sites.

All models on EU site are not over 200€ and on US site are not over 110€ so it seems overpriced to me.

Scavolas

TH Web sites only show the current collection, this model is about 2 years old (TH model 1790679 Arlington).

You can easily find it on Amazon (but out of stock) and EU/UK online shops (even here in HU) -- and believe me, I tried to find extra info about its movement, but could not get more than 'japanese-automatic'. Whereever I could see in stock, it was for 250 EUR. Under 200 EUR are the quartz versions.

Can not find this model on US or EU sites.

All models on EU site are not over 200€ and on US site are not over 110€ so it seems overpriced to me.

Edited by Scavolas

narikaa

Its a kosher model

Movement....well Amazon apparently thinks its an automatic with a quartz :boobies3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommy-Hilfiger-179...t/dp/B002XXEQ3Y

But I suspect its waaay overpriced for what it actually is that movement has appeared in many cheaper reps

KBH

Probably a 21j movement with the two pushers to change the day and date sub dials. Quite like the 21j Daytonas I would guess.

Luthier

Another fashion brand watch...

:boobies3:

mulder

When are you going to produce a " Master ®" watch luth?

Baldrick

Tommy Hilfiger :boobies3:

@Greg, can we not have some sort of 'automatic' banishment to Ze Gulag, for a 48 hour period for Bad Taste Bears, when they consume bandwidth with this sort of drivel B)

What next "Burberry Chav Chronos' ?

Scavolas

Not a bad idea, really. Next will be gulag for everyone who's taste is dissimilar to yours, right?

Give me a break...

Tommy Hilfiger :boobies3:

@Greg, can we not have some sort of 'automatic' banishment to Ze Gulag, for a 48 hour period for Bad Taste Bears, when they consume bandwidth with this sort of drivel B)

narikaa

Oooooh whats a girl to do

Its a narrowing band of choice

Choosing between that level of rep that an 'umble office dweller can "carry off" and one so base that it incurs Baldrick's wrath

12010541.gif

Luthier
Tommy Hilfiger :)

Slow you are, Baldy...:yoda:

Burberry.jpg

How about "Victoria Secret" watch?

;)

_MG_4078-1-1.jpg

Or4n6e

LOL :)

Baldrick
Give me a break...

No need to, Greg is already seriously considering a break for you in the Gulag B)

everyone who's taste is dissimilar to yours, right?

Absolutely not, I don't mind those who actually have taste, it's only the twonks like you I was referring to that haven't embraced the concept yet :)

Cynikal.Mindset

looks like the same movements that TAO International watches use

Scavolas

Me likes the VS model -- can you show us the caseback, I wonder if it was 'seethrough'?

Tommy Hilfiger :thumbsup2:

@Greg, can we not have some sort of 'automatic' banishment to Ze Gulag, for a 48 hour period for Bad Taste Bears, when they consume bandwidth with this sort of drivel :thumbsup2:

Slow you are, Baldy...:yoda:

How about "Victoria Secret" watch?

;)

Luthier

I'd love to, but Photobucket will delete naked ass pic. immediately.

:D

Scavolas

Thanks, I also observed a big similarity -- but in those the date and day-of-week subdials seem to be swapped just the opposite way.

Anyway, I decided not to get this watch, not because I do not like its look (there are way too many waaaay much uglier gens around getting a suprising amount of hype even here at RWG) but because of the relatively too high price.

looks like the same movements that TAO International watches use