dannybo1

Hello from Australia

dannybo1

Hi guys,

New here, just wanted to say a quick hello, learn about some watches and to stop thinking about spending 1000’s on the real thing. I do own a real rolex sub I purchased years ago but rarely wear, and have bought some absolute shonky fakes from Thailand back in the day where the links litteraly fell out and the watches disintegrated so hoping to learn about the good bad and ugly of buying a quality replica here that I can wear everyday without to much worry and becoming a part of seems to be a great community,

Thanks for your time.

Glaude

Hello and G'day from ǝɔuɐɹℲ ! 

There's a lot of good folks from Aussie on this board, you'll sure feel like home ! 

Chixisigma

Good first post, young man.

Welcome. Out of all the ones what @Glaude mentioned, I'm probs the best one! Not that it's a competition. But if it was, I'd win it, so...

Anyway, get reading!

Cxs

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

Good first post, young man.

Welcome. Out of all the ones what @Glaude mentioned, I'm probs the best one! Not that it's a competition. But if it was, I'd win it, so...

Anyway, get reading!

Cxs

To be fair, Chi is in my top 50 Australians. Below Steve Irwin, but above Merv Hughes.

Welcome OP.

Luxuracer

dannybo1
40 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Thanks Luxerracer, I will post some pics soon as I get it back from the Rolex service centre in Sydney. I bought it in 2011 so it's gone in for its first service today. 

I'm actually looking for a very good rep of an AP. I saw one on the recommended links you guys provide for moons for $700+ so I assume it must be a very very good rep at that price? 

EBB

oi!

male-adult-kangaroo-not-cute-or-sweet.pn

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, dannybo1 said:

I'm actually looking for a very good rep of an AP

Which AP are you looking at? .... Royal Oaks, Royal Oak. RO Chrono, ROO, or ROO Diver? 

Thommo82

G’day from a fellow Aussie, there are a few of us about.

Welcome to the forum, you have the right attitude to fit in.

dannybo1
21 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Which AP are you looking at? .... Royal Oaks, Royal Oak. RO Chrono, ROO, or ROO Diver? 

Hi Luxuracer,

i was actually looking at this one http://www.aootime07.com/Replica-AP-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Real-Forge-Carbon-Grand-Prix-JF-V3-A3126-66190.html from the preferred vendors list. 

i understand it’s a little exe for a rep, but all things considered so are the real ones :) 

is this actually of good quality for the price as shown in the link? If so I’ll probably buy it., just love the look and the colour combo.

23 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

G’day from a fellow Aussie, there are a few of us about.

Welcome to the forum, you have the right attitude to fit in.

Thanks mate, seems like a nice place to be with like minded people. :) 

McGilli
21 minutes ago, dannybo1 said:

is this actually of good quality for the price as shown in the link? If so I’ll probably buy it., just love the look and the colour combo.

Rule #1 - don't buy anything from a TD's site until @Luxuracer gives you the ok ;)

Welcome.

RussP

Not another one.....

There goes the forum.

Now, there's just too many of us here.

Time for someone to leave and make space for the new arrival.

Any volunteers?

OP: Welcome to the nut house.

Luxuracer
2 hours ago, dannybo1 said:

i understand it’s a little exe for a rep, but all things considered so are the real ones :) 

Even though I have 3 APs, but I am nowhere near as an AP expert. I'm more of an Omega and Rolex guy. There are many members who know more about AP than me.

The ROO Carbon Grand Prix JF V3 is the best available Grand Prix from TD, but it had not changed the last three years. Personally I think if rep AP had to go through the same scrutiny as Rolex, Omega, or Breitling (especially the Submariners) ... it would fail miserably. Nobody can argue about the great quality of the JF V3. They got all the subdial placement, markers, case right.  But if you look closely you will see the red color of the dial, the yellow color of the tachymeter, the date font are wrong. AP Grand Prix fan had spend hundreds, even thousands modifying their beloved AP GP. Actually there is a special custom limited Zversion (Zorro) AP GP for sale around $4,500 USD over RWI.

With that said, the chance that anyone you meet can recognize and know about the AP GP is 0.1%, anyone that know the different between the JF V3 vs gen is 0.001%, and the chance that you meet someone wearing a gen AP GP that can compare the color of your dial and tachymeter is 0.0000001%. So if you love the watch and do not think $800 is too much for a rep ... then buy it ... and proudly wear it in good health.

Below are pictures of the rep and gen so you can see the color differences.

APswiss-413e.jpg

4396B-AP1.1.JPG

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, McGilli said:

Rule #1 - don't buy anything from a TD's site until @Luxuracer gives you the ok ;)

Welcome.

Was it you ... who said ... do not listen to anything that @McGilli guy said ?!? :giggle:

I am no expert ... I am just enjoy a newly found hobby ...  plus I love to read, read, and research. That's all

But thanks for the praise and confidence in me.

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, RussP said:

Time for someone to leave and make space for the new arrival.

Any volunteers?

Are you implying @Thommo82 ?!? :spank:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

dannybo1
2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Even though I have 3 APs, but I am nowhere near as an AP expert. I'm more of an Omega and Rolex guy. There are many members who know more about AP than me.

The ROO Carbon Grand Prix JF V3 is the best available Grand Prix from TD, but it had not changed the last three years. Personally I think if rep AP had to go through the same scrutiny as Rolex, Omega, or Breitling (especially the Submariners) ... it would fail miserably. Nobody can argue about the great quality of the JF V3. They got all the subdial placement, markers, case right.  But if you look closely you will see the red color of the dial, the yellow color of the tachymeter, the date font are wrong. AP Grand Prix fan had spend hundreds, even thousands modifying their beloved AP GP. Actually there is a special custom limited Zversion (Zorro) AP GP for sale around $4,500 USD over RWI.

With that said, the chance that anyone you meet can recognize and know about the AP GP is 0.1%, anyone that know the different between the JF V3 vs gen is 0.001%, and the chance that you meet someone wearing a gen AP GP that can compare the color of your dial and tachymeter is 0.0000001%. So if you love the watch and do not think $800 is too much for a rep ... then buy it ... and proudly wear it in good health.

Below are pictures of the rep and gen so you can see the color differences.

APswiss-413e.jpg

4396B-AP1.1.JPG

Thanks so much Luxuracer. There is definitely some variables there as you mentioned on closer inspection, but like you said you'd literally have to run into someone that's wearing one to notice, and fortunately for me I don't run in those circles :). 

I also want a Rolex Batman as well, is there any recommendations for a great 1-1 of those you could recommend and where I should buy it from? 

Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by dannybo1
Spelling

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

I am immortal

Jibuti
23 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I am immortal

not here... no one is....

RussP
2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Never entered my mind....

Thommo82
30 minutes ago, jibuti said:

not here... no one is....

Mark my words

brang1
8 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

To be fair, Chi is in my top 50 Australians. Below Steve Irwin, but above Merv Hughes.

Welcome OP.

for fucks sake, listing a dead fucker who got killed by a bloody stingray, and a cricketer who's moustache had a higher IQ than him... im this forums Aussie centrefold, we all know that

RussP

So, we just refer to you as Cleo from here on?

GingerApple
52 minutes ago, brang1 said:

im this forums Aussie centrefold, we all know that

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but you are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Chi in my list.

brang1
8 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but you are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Chi in my list.

come on Ging, you know you want me, after all you're only human

Chixisigma
8 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

BULLSHIT. And duck off back to Hot Fuzz

Cxs