dannybo1

Hello from Australia

GingerApple

In my best Whitney Houston falsetto:

I'm saving all my lovin',

I'm saving all my lovin',

I'm saving all my [ginger] lovin', for Braaaaannng!

dannybo1
13 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

BULLSHIT. And duck off back to Hot Fuzz

Cxs

Hi Chixi, I think I saw you selling that rolex hulk? I didn’t want to clog your fs post with crap so will ask here if that’s ok, you mentioned that there is some risk with customs getting your watch? Is that the case do they check for counterfeits? Just curious because I was about to grab one but now thinking there maybe some risk I’d lose it at customs if they saw it. Or do the sellers mark them as gifts or what not to avoid customs messing things up for us?

RussP
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Even though I have 3 APs, but I am nowhere near as an AP expert. I'm more of an Omega and Rolex guy. There are many members who know more about AP than me.

The ROO Carbon Grand Prix JF V3 is the best available Grand Prix from TD, but it had not changed the last three years. Personally I think if rep AP had to go through the same scrutiny as Rolex, Omega, or Breitling (especially the Submariners) ... it would fail miserably. Nobody can argue about the great quality of the JF V3. They got all the subdial placement, markers, case right.  But if you look closely you will see the red color of the dial, the yellow color of the tachymeter, the date font are wrong. AP Grand Prix fan had spend hundreds, even thousands modifying their beloved AP GP. Actually there is a special custom limited Zversion (Zorro) AP GP for sale around $4,500 USD over RWI.

With that said, the chance that anyone you meet can recognize and know about the AP GP is 0.1%, anyone that know the different between the JF V3 vs gen is 0.001%, and the chance that you meet someone wearing a gen AP GP that can compare the color of your dial and tachymeter is 0.0000001%. So if you love the watch and do not think $800 is too much for a rep ... then buy it ... and proudly wear it in good health.

Below are pictures of the rep and gen so you can see the color differences.

APswiss-413e.jpg

4396B-AP1.1.JPG

I think I prefer the rep in this particular example.

Chixisigma
1 hour ago, dannybo1 said:

Hi Chixi, I think I saw you selling that rolex hulk? I didn’t want to clog your fs post with crap so will ask here if that’s ok, you mentioned that there is some risk with customs getting your watch? Is that the case do they check for counterfeits? Just curious because I was about to grab one but now thinking there maybe some risk I’d lose it at customs if they saw it. Or do the sellers mark them as gifts or what not to avoid customs messing things up for us?

Hey DB,

I've received several watches from Asia and I ain't had any issues with customs. Although that risk is there, of course, and we all accept it when ordering from TDs. One of the benefits of M2M is that the watch is already in the country!

Food for thought :)

Cxs

brang1
4 hours ago, dannybo1 said:

no fun without risk

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, dannybo1 said:

Is that the case do they check for counterfeits? Just curious because I was about to grab one 

Most TDs guarantee their shipments. If the watch is seized by Customs, they will send you another one free of charge. Make sure you check with their Terms and Conditions before you order.

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, RussP said:

I think I prefer the rep in this particular example.

Agreed ... I love the colors.

Who care how close to gen when your rep is BETTER than gen ... right, Russ?!?

Jibuti
9 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Mark my words

subscribed, ɹǝʞɔnɟ.