Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

And another idiot posts his rep on a gen forum

KBH

And it takes 20 posts to realize it's incorrect hand stack.

greg_r

The bit that had me laughing were the endless self-congratulation posts about how sharp-eyed they were at spotting an obvious rep. Dorks.

trailboss99

In reality I think it scared them. I also can't belive how long the ICHS took to be noticed. Me thinks we worry to much about this one, obviously. An insert, AR'd cyclops and a minute hand and they'd prob never have noticed. No one picked on CGs, so they must be close enough at last!

Col.

JohnG

Good catch, but only a couple of guys really noticed it and then others piled on. And that is with a MACRO shot. When these things are on the wrist, there is NO WAY you can tell. I have tried many times with people right next to me and without grabbing their wrist... hell you can't even see if the fucking second hand is sweeping.

trailboss99
When these things are on the wrist, there is NO WAY you can tell. I have tried many times with people right next to me and without grabbing their wrist... hell you can't even see if the fucking second hand is sweeping.

+1

Col.

Luthier
The bit that had me laughing were the endless self-congratulation posts about how sharp-eyed they were at spotting an obvious rep. Dorks.

Obvious to us. WE are replicas professionals, they rarely see reps.

greg_r
Good catch, but only a couple of guys really noticed it and then others piled on. And that is with a MACRO shot. When these things are on the wrist, there is NO WAY you can tell. I have tried many times with people right next to me and without grabbing their wrist... hell you can't even see if the fucking second hand is sweeping.

+2

phaedo

Funny part is how they all congratulate him on a nice watch, then once it comes out not to be gen, all of a sudden it looks like a POS. Like one small bit on the dial that isn't like how it should be and all of a sudden they decide to think what a bad looking watch it is. Sums up those types completely, they don't care about the watches, just the image they put out to the public at large - look at me, I wear a rolex!

bene3

I couldn't agree more about them just caring about the image they are portraying.

Most of those probably do not even know the history behind the watches they wear.

prestigewatchco

I am not suprised at it taking that long to spot it .

Most people don't know even when they own the Gen if it looks simular they assume it's the same as theirs.

It's only the odd few that know the horizontal bar on the A in Panerai is too low or that the L Swiss L is too close to the 6 the sub dial spacing is 0.5mm out etc.

Most people have a life!! That doesn't include looking at every watch they see with a loupe

oscarmadfish

that frostie geezer spotted it straight away full marks to him

i quite like the GMT and may get one sometime

a rep of course not a gen you fookers will never know :lol:

greg_r
Most people have a life!! That doesn't include looking at every watch they see with a loupe

:lol:

Having a life - what a concept... :bounce:

RolexAddict

lol,

lot of gays on these anal collectors forums...

just funny :rofl:

But in fact, this is a problem, reps are just reps, even "supra-super-ultimate V3.99, 25...."

just reps, even fags can detect

:Drinking2:;)