Sign in to follow this  
WatchMe007

Observation from a quick learning noob

WatchMe007

There are very real differences between a $100 and a $300 rep, but usually the difference is simply the price and the cojones of the seller.

In other words, the market is plagued by what economist call a lack of "perfect knowledge".

I was one of those guys. I bought a couple of $100 watches for $300 each from companies who were able to keep a straight face while they took advantage of my naivete. My fault for assuming that the market was competitive enough to drive pricing in a rational way. My bad for not realizing that expecting a hooker or a non-trusted dealer to be "trustworthy" is crazy.

I am stunned to see the number of reps that are clearly not worth anywhere near the asking price, now that I am educated.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the education.

Del

Amen to that! Glad you've seen the light, brother! :D

NCRich

Even reading the board a lot, I have to admit I've been shocked in both directions. That $88 DSSD was astoundingly good while a rep I paid more than twice as much for looked like it should have been $50.

sconehead
Even reading the board a lot, I have to admit I've been shocked in both directions. That $88 DSSD was astoundingly good while a rep I paid more than twice as much for looked like it should have been $50.

Yep, you're correct there...I've been there before you too...this is why it's good practice that when you find a certain watch you like, do as much research as possible in case there are superior models available and maybe read from other members that that particular rep ain't up to much...buyers remorse is a taste we've all sampled from time to time...:D